December 31st, 2015, 9:38 am
* Wichita ** Wichita *

What are some of your favorite things to cook in cast iron on your Yoder?

Wichita, KS!
New to pellet grilling/smoking

YS-640 ON ORANGE COMP CART
January 2nd, 2016, 9:22 pm
Site AdminSite Admin

Cornbread, beans, chili, veggies...

Yoder_Herb
May 6th, 2016, 3:27 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Is cast iron the best option for a skillet? Or could you use just a cheapo, grilling only stainless steel pan?

"The end of a good smoke is a little saddening. In some regard, it's a bit like losing a best friend who had time to sit and listen." – Zen Warrior
May 6th, 2016, 3:31 pm
Site AdminSite Admin

You can use a griddle or whatever is your tool of choice.

Remember, if you are using the direct grilling grill grates, DO NOT USE, OR PLACE, ANYTHING BUT THE FOOD YOU ARE COOKING ON THE GRILL GRATES. NOT EVEN A PIECE OF FOIL! Doing so will cause damage to the grill grates, and potentially the cooker from the overheating that this can cause.

Yoder_Herb
May 16th, 2016, 11:48 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Yoder_Herb wrote:You can use a griddle or whatever is your tool of choice.

Remember, if you are using the direct grilling grill grates, DO NOT USE, OR PLACE, ANYTHING BUT THE FOOD YOU ARE COOKING ON THE GRILL GRATES. NOT EVEN A PIECE OF FOIL! Doing so will cause damage to the grill grates, and potentially the cooker from the overheating that this can cause.

Could you post or publish a list of these kinds of do's and don'ts and big time don'ts? This type of info would make a excellent post(unless I missed it).

Thanks

Lee

"The end of a good smoke is a little saddening. In some regard, it's a bit like losing a best friend who had time to sit and listen." – Zen Warrior
May 17th, 2016, 12:06 am
Site AdminSite Admin

There really isn't a compilation. This warning deals specifically with a 3rd party product used with Yoder cookers.

Yoder_Herb
October 16th, 2016, 12:39 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

I might be in trouble. But I like to do an Apple Crisp in a Lodge Skillet on a Yoder 36 in Flat Top, Could I be in trouble down the road?
Thanks,

Don

October 16th, 2016, 2:01 pm
Site AdminSite Admin

dbergeron25 wrote:I might be in trouble. But I like to do an Apple Crisp in a Lodge Skillet on a Yoder 36 in Flat Top, Could I be in trouble down the road?
Thanks,

Don

Not sure why you would think this would be a problem. The warning mentioned above was specific to the option grill grates for high temperature grilling on pellet cookers.

Yoder_Herb

Return to Cooking Questions, Tips and Tricks