Share information about who you are, what you do, where you are from, and the equipment you use.
March 28th, 2016, 11:18 am
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Hello,
I've had the Yoder YS480 since Beginning of February 2016. Its been pretty good I really enjoy its convenience. Cooked a few LBS of meat on it, Pork Ribs, Beef Ribs, Steaks, whole Chickens, Briskets. So far, all pretty good results.

I'm really trying to get my head around temp control and a recent post I read here has me pretty much convinced all the gadgets we use to monitor temps are just that gadgets. set the controller to your temp, let the grill heat up then put your meat on. My last cook was a large Brisket 15LB(USDA Prime) 12 hour cook @225 indicated from an auxiliary temp probe on second shelf.
I thought I would try and adjust the temp on the fly, big mistake lesson learned :idea: should have just set the temp on display control and let the cooker cook away. Brisket was good as far my guest were concerned, and that was good for me too. The bottom was over cooked a skosh hard exterior, this was a big brisket took up the entire YS480 lower cooking surface. All things considered I like the Yoder very much and will learn how to cook on it effectively. Now Ive got my eye on a Wichita, Yeah Baby. Oh, and proud to be owner of an American made, Yoder YS480. :D

March 28th, 2016, 3:36 pm
* Durnago ** Durnago *

Welcome to the forum and thanks for joining the group!

March 28th, 2016, 10:17 pm
Site AdminSite Admin

Welcome aboard!

Yoder_Herb
April 1st, 2016, 8:32 pm
* Wichita ** Wichita *

Hello and welcome! !!

Return to Introduce Yourself