Share information about who you are, what you do, where you are from, and the equipment you use.
February 13th, 2016, 8:58 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Hello,,
I want to be a Yoder

I have been trying to purchase a Cheyenne!!
All I can say,,,it's a hard task to get one!!

None of my local Dealers stock one..that is listed as dealers listed on Yoder web site.. All they want to sell me is a pellet smoker!!

They were all helpful in ordering one..

Is it ordinary to charge freight charges for a stocked floor item..????

I am willing to drive the 4 hours plus to purchase said item?? But I still have to pay the freight ... Is this correct??

February 13th, 2016, 10:23 pm
Site AdminSite Admin

Our dealers are all independent, and set their own business practices. If you purchase a cooker direct from us, you will be responsible for paying the cost of shipping the unit to you (if it is shipped), just as we charge the dealers for shipping the cookers to them. The difference is, most dealers will order multiple cookers, if not a truck load at a time, so the freight costs per cooker are lower than a single unit shipped. Because our cookers are fully assembled, and are made of heavy metal, the freight charges are higher as they must be shipped by truck. Just as other larger purchased items shipped by truck, the freight charges are passed on to the buyer.

If you pick up a cooker at our retail store in Kansas, you will not be charged for freight, but you will have to pay sales taxes. Feel free to call 877.409.6337, option 1, to get a shipping quote.

Yoder_Herb
February 25th, 2016, 1:37 pm
* Wichita ** Wichita *

I think a lot of us have found ourselves in the same position as 404. My nearest dealer was 3 plus hours away (each way). I consider myself a pretty savvy buyer so pretty much tried every angle to get the best deal. In the end the difference between saving a few bucks and picking up the same day was pretty much a wash. if you are in no hurry, have it sent to your door step and take the chance that fed ex doesn't cause you more grief. But, if your like a kid on xmas day and can't wait...drive the few hours and you will be cooking the next day.

February 25th, 2016, 5:24 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

I bought my Cheyenne through a dealer and it worked out well. I got him to throw in some extras -- wood, a local cookbook and he discounted the cover. Yoder delivered it to the dealer, who is about two hours away, and then the dealer arranged for a local freight company to deliver it to my door. That cost a few extra bucks, but was worth it because it made unloading easy. These are heavy and unweildy pieces of equipment, so if you haul it yourself make sure you have loading and unloading figured out.

CycloneGary

Return to Introduce Yourself