Share information about who you are, what you do, where you are from, and the equipment you use.
January 17th, 2016, 2:34 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

A wind storm early this past summer tipped over and damaged my 4 yr old gas grill. It was a "high end" grill from one of the big box stores, that started to fall apart after the first season.

After settling with the insurance company, I was contemplating what kind on grill or cooker to replace it with. I already had a Weber kettle and a small pellet grill. I thought about a ceramic cooker, but the wife said it would take too long to cook meals for the two of us during the week. We used the pellet grill for that purpose about 3 to 4 times a week.

The pellet grill was about 6-7 years old and we enjoyed the light smoke flavor it provided below temps of 250. No real smoke flavor at higher temps. We decided to go with a high end pellet grill and I researched them for two or three weeks. There are now quite a few quality pellet smokers on the market, but the reviews for the Yoder were always tops, built like a tank, great customer service, best tasting food, etc.

We purchased the Y640 loaded with all the extras, Comp cart, extra top grates, grilling grates, insulated jacket, chrome shelves, two temp gauges, and probe port. We ordered directly from the factory and it took about 6 weeks to arrive (possibly the longest 6 weeks of my life).

The quality of the Yoder 640 build just amazed me. Everything fits like a glove and the steel was heavier than I imagined. It holds whatever temp it is set at, and is quiet operating. Best of all we have a delicious smoke flavor at any temp it is set at. My Thanksgiving turkey was injected and cooked at 325. My daughter and son in law are "foodies" and they said it was the most delicious turkey ever.

If you live in a cold climate please consider the insulated jacket. It will pay for itself in the amount of pellets saved over a couple of seasons. I keep the Yoder in the garage and wheel it out on the driveway as needed. All the neighbors have come over when I'm cooking and admired the Yoder.
I gave the old rusty pellet grill to a young neighbor Maybe another future Yoder owner.

January 17th, 2016, 6:53 pm
Site AdminSite Admin

Welcome aboard!

Yoder_Herb
January 17th, 2016, 8:39 pm
* Durnago ** Durnago *

Welcome to the forum and thanks for joining the group!

January 18th, 2016, 3:56 pm
* Cheyenne ** Cheyenne *

Welcome!

January 23rd, 2016, 2:14 pm
* Wichita ** Wichita *

Hello and welcome!!

January 24th, 2016, 4:44 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Welcome to Yoder world

February 11th, 2016, 2:26 pm
* Kingman ** Kingman *

Welcome to the group! And the Yoder Family!

Mike
2 - YS640 Silver Competition Carts

Return to Introduce Yourself