Share information about who you are, what you do, where you are from, and the equipment you use.
January 6th, 2016, 8:28 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Hi All,
So I pulled the trigger on a Yoder 640 comp cart, can't wait to get. I have been lurking here and on other sites just soaking in the information. I can't wait to start soaking in some smoke and enjoying some food :). Now what to cook for my first cook. Actually, been considering a wood fired pizza. So many choices. Anyway glad to support an American company who prides themselves with US labor and fabrication. Look forward to posting pictures and results...

Anthony

January 6th, 2016, 8:38 pm
* Wichita ** Wichita *

Welcome Anthony! You'll love the unit! What color did you get your cart?

Wichita, KS!
New to pellet grilling/smoking

YS-640 ON ORANGE COMP CART
January 6th, 2016, 8:49 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Jfrederick wrote:Welcome Anthony! You'll love the unit! What color did you get your cart?

Thanks jfrederick, I went with A black cart and stainless shelves.

January 6th, 2016, 9:18 pm
Site AdminSite Admin

Welcome aboard! Great choice on the cart, same as mine.

Yoder_Herb
January 7th, 2016, 10:10 am
* Durnago ** Durnago *

Welcome to the forum and thanks for joining the group!

January 8th, 2016, 3:05 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Welcome in to the group. You will love your new cooker!

January 8th, 2016, 11:18 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I found a nice cart that would act as a nice cutting board surface and should be good for storage. The color matches too.

Link removed by moderator per forum rules.

January 14th, 2016, 11:18 pm
* Cheyenne ** Cheyenne *

Welcome to the group! I cooked pizzas a couple of weeks ago. I have a large pizza stone that I used. I let grill and stone come up to temp together. I don't know how it would tolerate a high temp shock. Pizzas were DELICIOUS!

I just received my YS640 before Thanksgiving and I smoked two 12 lbs. turkeys. I was out last weekend cooking pork chops in single digit temperatures. It's an AWESOME cooker!

February 6th, 2016, 7:58 am
* Abilene ** Abilene *

My unit came in a little over a week ago and it's impressive. I did a burn in and I am planning on seasoning the grill today.

One question, I had some BBQ Delite pellets delivered while traveling and they sat in the rain for two days. They were in the sealed bags. Are they trashed? I have them in stored near the boiler room with the hope they will dry out if they picked up some moisture.

February 6th, 2016, 10:23 pm
Site AdminSite Admin

smokenjerzey wrote:My unit came in a little over a week ago and it's impressive. I did a burn in and I am planning on seasoning the grill today.

One question, I had some BBQ Delite pellets delivered while traveling and they sat in the rain for two days. They were in the sealed bags. Are they trashed? I have them in stored near the boiler room with the hope they will dry out if they picked up some moisture.

If they didn't melt into a mass of mush, the only way to tell is to try them. Moisture contaminated pellets are hard to light, burn erratically and don't put off much heat. Be careful of them banking up in the burn grate to the auger, which will cause an auger/hopper fire.

Yoder_Herb
February 7th, 2016, 7:53 am
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Yoder_Herb wrote:
smokenjerzey wrote:My unit came in a little over a week ago and it's impressive. I did a burn in and I am planning on seasoning the grill today.

If they didn't melt into a mass of mush, the only way to tell is to try them. Moisture contaminated pellets are hard to light, burn erratically and don't put off much heat. Be careful of them banking up in the burn grate to the auger, which will cause an auger/hopper fire.

Thanks for the tips. I am going to keep them in a warm & dry room for a few weeks and see how I make out. I will also make sure they ignite normally. I appreciate the information regarding potential hopper fire. I will be sure to monitor closely.

February 11th, 2016, 2:20 pm
* Kingman ** Kingman *

Welcome to the group and the Yoder Family.

Mike
2 - YS640 Silver Competition Carts

Return to Introduce Yourself