Share information about who you are, what you do, where you are from, and the equipment you use.
December 20th, 2015, 7:51 pm
* Wichita ** Wichita *

Hey all

I am new to pellet cooking. Have been a Weber guy forever. Done a lot of charcoal and gas but never cooked on or ate from a pellet grill. I live in Wichita, KS so, naturally, I have heard a lot of hype about Yoder Smokers. I was in the market for a Weber S-470 (bad ass gas grill for sure!) but started learning more about the Yoders, specifically the YS-640. I have always liked to smoke food but cannot ever get the fire right. The 640 has me excited because I can grill steaks/chicken/brats/burgers/etc... like normal (but better flavor I hope) AND smoke/bake some awesome stuff!

I bought a 640 this weekend and it delivers on Wednesday. I bought the backyard style (non comp stand) but upgraded the shelves to the solid stainless like the comp stand because I think it will be better looking and much easier to clean. Also had them put a probe port in and bought the direct grill grates.

I am very much looking forward to being apart of this community.

Just wanted to introduce myself... :mrgreen:

Jack

Wichita, KS!
New to pellet grilling/smoking

YS-640 ON ORANGE COMP CART
December 20th, 2015, 10:39 pm
* Durnago ** Durnago *

Welcome to the forum and thanks for joining the group.

December 21st, 2015, 1:05 pm
Site AdminSite Admin

Welcome aboard! Congrats!

Yoder_Herb
December 23rd, 2015, 8:23 am
* Wichita ** Wichita *

So quick update... I pulled an switch-a-roo. I originally bought a YS-640 on the standard backyard stand. Ordered it Saturday and it is supposed to deliver in about 45mins. I got a little nervous the more I thought about that stand on my stone patio. My major concern was mobility, i move my grill a lot to clean and to entertain and these units are stinking heavy!! The last thing I wanted as a 300lbs+ grill that was a pain in the butt to move on my irregular stone patio.

I called Aaron at ATBBW yesterday (dude is awesome by the way!) and told him my concern... I asked him if I could pull a last minute switch on the grill and get a YS-640 on an Orange Comp Stand! He said "no problem" I have one ready to go and I paid the difference and it did not even mess up the deliver time.

Great story of the Yoder/ATBBQs excellent customer service.

I will post pictures later.

Wichita, KS!

December 24th, 2015, 10:15 am
* Wichita ** Wichita *

Here are pictures of the beast! Cooked steak last night - first cook! Turned out awesome.

Attachments
IMG_7444.JPG
IMG_7439.JPG
Wichita, KS!

February 11th, 2016, 2:31 pm
* Kingman ** Kingman *

Welcome to the group, and the Yoder family!

Mike
2 - YS640 Silver Competition Carts
February 13th, 2016, 1:27 am
* Abilene ** Abilene *

your going to love it I am loving mine

Return to Introduce Yourself