Share information about who you are, what you do, where you are from, and the equipment you use.
December 17th, 2015, 10:22 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Hi everyone, I wanted to introduce myself and hopefully get some advice from others with the Yoder product.

I grew up in Grinnell, KS, lived in Hutchinson, and Manhattan for a few years then moved to Florida. My wife got sand in her sandals and now I can't get her to move North......I miss the seasons!

I am a 50+ year old mechanical engineer with 20+ years experience in metal fab industry. So, I am a little picky when it comes to purchasing a new grill.

I have not had a smoker before, always used gas or charcoal grills. Looking forward to trying a pellet grill for the set-it and forget-it cooking with benefit of smoked flavor.

I started out looking for a stainless steel grill since I live in FL which is a very humid, warm, muggy environment. I don't want a product that will start weeping rust and leaving stains on my concrete! I asked Yoder if they would make me one from 316L and they said NO! Strange, I though they entertained custom grills.

I use 3D CAD software and have contacts so I could design my own in 316L SS and add some features that I "think" I want and Yoder does not offer to my knowledge.

So, I am looking for advice from other owners in FL or WA to see if the rust will be an issue. What input can you provide? Thanks in advance.

December 17th, 2015, 10:51 pm
* Durnago ** Durnago *

Welcome to the forum and thanks for joining the group! Since you lived in Hutch, how could you buy any other brand? :lol:

December 19th, 2015, 2:04 pm
Site AdminSite Admin

Return to Introduce Yourself