Share information about who you are, what you do, where you are from, and the equipment you use.
November 28th, 2015, 10:52 am
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Looking for help with this. I'm contemplating buying either the loaded Wichita or the 640 pellet. My wife loves smokes cheeses and I love making bacon. I'd like to make venison and elk pepperoni and jerky. I own a traeger but not to fond of the lack of smoke flavor I get it really have to smoke a brisket - I usually have to smoke it for 12 hrs just to get a smoke ring. I want to up my game and learn the craft of real bbqing.

I usually cook from 6 up to 23+ people it mostly on the lower end though. My family is young - 9 to 16 and if they have families later the Wichita makes more sense.

l like the idea at times of the pellet as my life can get busy at times. I know you can control the temp well and can easily smoke a block of mozzarella with ease.

So can you all help with my predicament?

November 30th, 2015, 2:31 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Best bet would be to give Mike a call at 877.409.6337 (press 1 for sales) and he can talk you through which cooker would be right for you.

Personally, I suspect the YS640 would be a great fit for you. It's super versatile (from low temp for cold smoke to searing at high temp) and easy to use for everyday cooking, which is nice for busy families.

BBQ Aficionado/ Novice Griller
Marketing at Yoder Smokers
November 30th, 2015, 4:44 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

I did talk to him but didn't get swayed one way or the other. That's why I thought about asking the people here. Thanks for the input and time to put the trigger and bounce the traeger

December 11th, 2015, 3:52 pm
* Kingman ** Kingman *

Ys640 Easy and a whole less work.

Mike
2 - YS640 Silver Competition Carts

Return to Introduce Yourself