Share information about who you are, what you do, where you are from, and the equipment you use.
April 20th, 2015, 3:10 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Hello to everyone new guy here and brand new to smoking in general, looking to buy a YS640 in the near future. just picked up a Stick burner on wheels for my daughter she paid for it, it turned out some really good food.
She is the dedicated one in the family i'm old and want something much more simple.

Thanks in advance to all of you that take the time to help us newbies along the path to good "Q"
I have been going back and forth over buying a Blaz'n Gridiron or Yoder YS640 only real difference in price is the shipping cost the Yoder is about $100.00 dollars more. There are things that i like about both of them but pretty much have decided on the Yoder that's why i'm here.

Thank you
Ernie

April 20th, 2015, 3:28 pm
Site AdminSite Admin

Welcome aboard! The 10 gauge steel body of the YS640 makes the cooker heavy, which is probably the shipping cost difference. Check the weight differential between the 2 cookers.

Yoder_Herb
April 20th, 2015, 3:46 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Yoder_Herb wrote:Welcome aboard! The 10 gauge steel body of the YS640 makes the cooker heavy, which is probably the shipping cost difference. Check the weight differential between the 2 cookers.

Thank you i do understand the difference in cost it is not a deal killer at all.
Could you tell me if the warranty is transferable?
I have seen some used pits for sale that is more in my price range. Retired on low income so i have to make my pennies count.

Ernie

April 20th, 2015, 3:49 pm
Site AdminSite Admin

Warranty is transferrable - from manufacture date or original proof of purchase - 1 year on igniter - 3 years on electronics and 10 years on the body.

Yoder_Herb
April 20th, 2015, 3:58 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Yoder_Herb wrote:Warranty is transferrable - from manufacture date or original proof of purchase - 1 year on igniter - 3 years on electronics and 10 years on the body.

Wow i didn't expect that at all that is great news Thank you.

April 20th, 2015, 10:24 pm
* Kingman ** Kingman *

Welcome to the group.

Mike
2 - YS640 Silver Competition Carts
April 21st, 2015, 7:47 am
* Kingman ** Kingman *

welcome...

~All that is gold does not glitter ~ Not all those that wander are lost~
~20" Yoder "Swiss Army Knife" Stick Burner~
April 21st, 2015, 8:26 am
* Durnago ** Durnago *

Welcome to the forum, and thanks for joining the group!

April 21st, 2015, 6:01 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Yoder_Herb wrote:Warranty is transferrable - from manufacture date or original proof of purchase - 1 year on igniter - 3 years on electronics and 10 years on the body.

Oh shucks just gat a E-mail telling me that the warranty is not transferable.

April 21st, 2015, 6:03 pm
Site AdminSite Admin

Who sent you the email?

Yoder_Herb
April 21st, 2015, 6:10 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Yoder_Herb wrote:Who sent you the email?

I'm trying to find it it came from Yoder telling me what might be upgraded on a 14 month old YS640
i will post it if it is not in internet heaven.

Ernie

April 21st, 2015, 6:14 pm
Site AdminSite Admin

The igniter and wheels would not be covered under warranty, the electronics and cooker body would be.

Yoder_Herb
April 21st, 2015, 6:22 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Yoder_Herb wrote:The igniter and wheels would not be covered under warranty, the electronics and cooker body would be.

This info came from Yoder on it's Facebook page not E-mail sorry about that

The warranty does not transfer, but a 14 month old pit has the latest firmware. The burn pot and grate only need to be updated if you must. Our crew regularly cooks on five year old pits that haven't had any updates other than firmware and it's perfect.

Is this correct?

Ernie

April 21st, 2015, 6:26 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

manager159 wrote:

Oh shucks just gat a E-mail telling me that the warranty is not transferable.

Sorry it didn't come by E-mail it was posted on Yoders Facebook page sorry for the mistake.

April 21st, 2015, 6:39 pm
Site AdminSite Admin

I am the Customer Service Manager at Yoder Smokers, and the warranty does transfer as I stated.

The firebox change was a manufacturing change, and is not required. The change was implemented to minimize the required silicone seal around the firebox, and to address failures from neglected user maintenance. This part is available for purchase for those that would like replace their current firepot.

The reinforced burn grate was an upgrade to the manufacturing of the pellet cookers. This change was the reason for the $50 increase in price of the pellet cookers in 2014. This part is available for purchase for $49.95, plus shipping. It is not required for current cookers. The burn grate in the older cookers works fine, but they need regular user maintenance to maintain the efficiency of the cooker.

From this, it appears that you are not inquiring about the transference of the existing warranty for the parts/pieces included with the cooker from manufacturing, but rather the addition of parts not originally included on the cooker in question, which are now included in current manufacturing at a higher cost.

I hope that answers your question.

Yoder_Herb
April 23rd, 2015, 4:30 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

I received the wrong answer to a question on Yoder Facebook site.

They were kind enough to post a correction, i was still setting on the fence about which brand to buy but no more, i'm off the fence and will not consider anything less than a Yoder YS640

Thanks so much to Yoder Herb for all his hard work.

This is the response i received from Yoder Facebook.

Yoder Smokers
The warranty DOES transfer. The burn pot and grate only need to be updated if you must. Our crew regularly cooks on five year old pits that haven't had any updates other than firmware and it's perfect.

Ernie Cypert Thank you so much that helps a lot.

Ernie Cypert
It's service like this is why i'm going to buy a Yoder pellet smoker it may not be new but you can bet it will be a Yoder for sure.

Return to Introduce Yourself