Share information about who you are, what you do, where you are from, and the equipment you use.
November 27th, 2014, 5:31 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Hello Folks... My name is Paulo Marin. Although I live in Thousand Oaks, California, I was originally born in Sao Paulo, Brazil. I own an aerospace manufacturing company in Camarillo, CA. I USED to own a Traeger Grill... Let me tell you a story....About three months after I owned the Traeger, I suspected that the rust buildup on the heat box cover was being blown inside the area where meat was cooking. Owning an aerospace facility Mod Note: Link removed per user agreement I decided to cook a steak and have it inspected at a facility we use for aerospace parts inspection (mag inspection). The owner called me and said: Paulo... whoever ate this meat had a substantial about of rust and paint in their stomachs. The thought of it made me SICK. I called Traeger and tried to explain to them that the drip tray and the cover for the heat box was made of cheap materials and the rust was being blown on the food... not to mention the powder coating on the inside.
You would think that somebody would call me to learn about the results of my experiment: WRONG... NO ANSWER... NOBODY WAS PAYING ATTENTION AT ALL. That is when I decided o buy a YODER YS640. The grate is made out of stainless. The drip pan is not (at least NOT YET). I received my Yoder and was absolutely amazed at the quality of everything.
Being in aerospace, I am fortunate to be able to have my drip pan ceramic coated, so I don't EVER have to worry about rust.
I am impressed at the quality of the unit. I am smoking a Thanksgiving Turkey today and having a brew (of my own... second hobby :) ). I wish a happy thanksgiving to everyone and I thank the Yoder owner for a great product....
You will hear more about me :D HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE! :mrgreen:

November 27th, 2014, 7:33 pm
* Durnago ** Durnago *

Welcome to the forum, and thanks for joining the group!

November 27th, 2014, 8:26 pm
Site AdminSite Admin

Welcome aboard!

Yoder_Herb
November 27th, 2014, 8:35 pm
* Kingman ** Kingman *

welcome...

~All that is gold does not glitter ~ Not all those that wander are lost~
~20" Yoder "Swiss Army Knife" Stick Burner~
November 28th, 2014, 1:55 am
* Wichita ** Wichita *

Hello and Welcome from Iowa!!