Share information about who you are, what you do, where you are from, and the equipment you use.
June 18th, 2020, 4:34 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

I currently have a UDS with Weber dome lid which has served me well, but am looking for a pellet smoker with controls that I can set and forget and a smoker that is easier to clean out. I will probably order a YS640S comp soon. Just doing my homework and trying to figure out what I really need. I do have a Weber Spirit-II gas grill so at this point I would just be using the Yoder for low and slow. I like to smoke briskets, point, beef short ribs and thick ribeyes, occasional spare ribs, turkeys, chicken, standing rib roast, etc.

Looking at the YS640S comp cart, stainless shelves, fitted cover, insulating jacket, half shelf, and 3-tier smoking rack.

I have also considered the YS480S. Does the 480 have any hot spots / cook unevenly? I'm looking for a size that is not inefficient but also has relatively even temps across the cooking surface.

For those of you with experience with these I would appreciate hearing about it!

Thanks,
Ed

Yoder YS640s Silver Comp Cart | Weber Spirit II E-210 | Weber 26" Kettle | UDS
KCMO | KCBS
July 26th, 2020, 4:45 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

It's official. I now own a YS640s Silver Comp Cart with fitted cover, 2 piece heat diffuser with access door, and three tier wire smoking rack. Separately I also picked up an extra Fireboard thermometer and extra probes.

Picked up some Pam for seasoning. Will do the recommended burn in first, per Yoder_Herb. Can't wait to get started but there's storms coming in possibly at 9 pm so I'm waiting for a longer stretch of clear weather to get started.

Yoder YS640s Silver Comp Cart | Weber Spirit II E-210 | Weber 26" Kettle | UDS
KCMO | KCBS

Return to Introduce Yourself