Share information about who you are, what you do, where you are from, and the equipment you use.
January 4th, 2020, 9:16 am
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Hello All! I recently picked up a new to me Yoder 640 on an orange comp cart w/stainless shelves, 2 door thermometers, and 2nd shelf. The build year is 11/16. I was able to find this smoker for a relative steal and was able to work out a trade with no out of pocket cash which was great because it allowed me to order a few toys from ATBBQ that i otherwise most likely would have gone without. last night I tore the whole thing apart and gave it a deep clean scraping all of the grease build up from within the grill body, lid, side walls, and anywhere else that it had built up. I also soaked the grates, and scrubbed them clean and shiny. Hopefully that way when i put in the new parts it wont be as messy! Expecting on 1/6: ACS controller upgrade, ceramic igniter, grease drip catch, and a few other goodies, but those 3 are the ones I am most excited about. I have cooked on the 640 a few times now and as everyone says it is great. I have some experience with a Camp Chef DLX 24, WIFI PID controller, and sear box, but decided after a few months of use i wanted something bigger and gifted the Camp Chef to my mother & her husband who i thought would get some use out of the propane portion of the camp chef and smoke the occasional protein. I Am very excited to start using the cooker more and more. Thank you all for the information that is already out there. I have referred to this forum a number of times already and will continue to do so as i progress in my experience with the Yoder 640.

January 4th, 2020, 10:38 am
Site AdminSite Admin

Welcome aboard!

Yoder_Herb

Return to Introduce Yourself