Share information about who you are, what you do, where you are from, and the equipment you use.
July 21st, 2018, 6:35 am
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Hello meat smoking aficionados out there!

Just taking a minute to say how much I look forward to this forum for ideas and answers, recipes too!

I am a long time pellet grill/smoker owner........I have owned a Traeger for almost 12 years.
But as it has aged, I new that eventually I would need to replace it. My son's boss is on a competition bbq team in Tulsa, and I was able to attend one of their completions a couple summers ago. It was there that I was introduced to the Yoder line of smokers and pellet grills, and it was then, too, that I told myself, (and my wife) that if I ever was going to replace the old smoker, it would be with one of these units! Well......as retirement looms........my lovely wife and I were discussing just this topic, and after some back and forth............she said.........go ahead and get it.......HAPPY RETIREMENT!! Woo WOO!!!

We picked up a YS640 from a dealer in Leroy IL, and it has been fun getting to know this smoker the past few weeks.
This thing is a BEAST! I thought my older Traeger was heavy, but the Yoder model makes the old smoker seem like a toy! I also love the fact that there are two levels to cook on, and so far I love the shelves on the outside too!

So, again, Hello to all out there............I hope this is the beginning of a delicious smoking relationship!!

Regards

Darryl
AKA, SmokinGrandpaD
Rock Falls, IL

July 21st, 2018, 8:28 pm
Site AdminSite Admin

Congrats and welcome aboard!

Yoder_Herb

Return to Introduce Yourself