Share information about who you are, what you do, where you are from, and the equipment you use.
June 29th, 2018, 7:37 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

I’m fairly new to the pellet grill/smoker. I own a couple big stick burners and have for 20+ years, so my wife and I researched a few pellet grills/smokers and bought a pit boss 820D for starters. I also did research on pellets and found lumberjack to be close if not to top of the list So we have cooked on the pellet grill every night for the past 2weeks I have to say ,, I’m really liking this pellet thing Lol. So now I’m interested in buying “the real deal “ pellet grill/smoker My oldest boy is stationed in Wichita Ks (Air Force ) and ran across some of these Yoder Pellet grills/smokers. Yes,yes,,, I’m from Texas and still here lol.. so I’ve read up on yalls pellet grills , found some negative, and good. Before I drop $2000+ , I want to make sure I’m getting what i pay for I’ll start with the first negative review

Rtv catching on fire between pellet box and tank?

Is this true, if so has it been fixed?

Thanks for any info

Larry

October 21st, 2018, 1:26 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

3 months and no help ??? No replies?? Must not be confident in your product, or your just a bunch of asses

October 21st, 2018, 1:45 pm
* Wichita ** Wichita *

Hi Larry,
I have a ys640 and have had one hopper fire and one that I caught as it was starting. The one fire I did have was after a rather greasy high temp cook and I know that I had an over abundance of splatter...I should say that it was probably my fault as I did probably push the envelope with temp vs protein/fat. I also think that under the conditions it could have happened to any other pit under similar conditions.

The second disclaimer to keep in mind is I have had my pit for over four years and have burned over 3 tons of pellets in that time. I would definitely buy again and do not see hopper fires as a constant problem or a manufacturers building fault.

My only regret is that I didn't buy sooner as I too looked for the best and when found it I kept looking for almost another year.

October 21st, 2018, 8:22 pm
Site AdminSite Admin

Wow, don't know how I missed your post, as I see all of them.

Sorry for the delay, and welcome aboard.

If you have any questions before purchasing, please contact our sales team at 877.409.6337, option 2, or via email at info@yodersmokers.com

If you own one of our products and have any issues or concerns, please have your serial number handy and call 877.409.6337, option 2, or send us email at customerservice@yodersmokers.com

To answer your specific inquiry, if the routine maintenance and cleaning outlined in the manual, as well as the suggested best practices are followed, the issue you are concerned about, as with most others, are nonexistent.

Yoder_Herb
October 22nd, 2018, 9:28 am
* Kingman ** Kingman *

I have had my YS640 for over 4 years and never once any sorts of fire. I don't keep my smoker spotlessly clean either.

It's been perfect for many, many cooks.

February 15th, 2019, 7:01 am
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Hey Newby... The only thing that has happened to me has been my fault wherein I didn't remove my drippings tray once (I stick a foil tray under the grates above the deflector) and went to Bring the temp up for a bit for some burgers (with the 2 piece deflector you don't need to remove the whole deflector for a cook). Some of the grease caught and burnt up a bit but everything remained in tact. The 640 is a beast

Never had any fire make its way up the box, have probably burnt 200 lbs of fuel, maybe 300 and haven't had any issues. Also, I believe Yoder makes small adjustments to the product based on feedback and further enhances the feeder to keep things clean in the tray so it burns off cleaner. Easier on maintenance :)

YS640
Fire Magic 790
FireBoard
YS1500*
February 18th, 2019, 12:52 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Hi, I am Amy Chapman and i am newbie here, really looking forward to learn tips on different styles of grill meat and BBQ tips.

https://urdu.arynews.tv/
February 18th, 2019, 7:30 pm
Site AdminSite Admin

Welcome aboard!

Yoder_Herb

Return to Introduce Yourself