Share information about who you are, what you do, where you are from, and the equipment you use.
February 22nd, 2018, 11:09 am
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Hello everyone!
So, let me start out by saying I am a complete newbie to the world of Pellet Smokers. I’ve used gas and charcoal both over the years. I’m in the market for a new grill/smoker and I was turned on to Yoder from a visit to a local dealer and these things are beautiful and I have no doubt that it will last me a long time if I proceed with the purchase.
I am hesitant since I am newbie however;
On one hand, I want to just make the investment and know I’ll use it for years and years to come.
On the other hand, do I start with something “lesser” to get my hands dirty and then in a few years make the jump to Yoder?
Just curious if there were others out there in the same boat, what did you go with, etc.
Thank You

February 22nd, 2018, 12:22 pm
Site AdminSite Admin

Welcome aboard!

Yoder_Herb
February 26th, 2018, 10:22 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Update: I’m picking my YS640 tomorrow.

February 27th, 2018, 1:14 pm
* Wichita ** Wichita *

Congrats!

If anything, you have just made your life easier. You actually have found yourself in the same boat as many of us had been. I too had tried the gas, charcoal and even an entry level pellet grill before stepping up to the Yoder YS640 w/comp cart.
Other than the purests that cannot conceive of anyone would want to do anything other than a wood fired smoker, will not get a lot of complaints from yoder pellet smokers.

I now have had my pit for 3 1/2 years. The learning curve is short as long as you do not try to out-think the pit and the quality is very good for the amount of work needed...if you want to call it work. There are a few short comings but some of them are subjective.

You will not regret the purchase. If anything it has raised your game and you will become a little more of a perfectionist looking for and longing for the ultimate cook.

Enjoy!

March 1st, 2018, 7:00 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Love my new YS 640 with comp cart. Big bad machine that gets it done and done right every time.

Return to Introduce Yourself