Share information about who you are, what you do, where you are from, and the equipment you use.
February 20th, 2018, 7:17 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Hey Yoder Nation,

Just picked up a brand new Cheyenne from the guys at Proud Souls BBQ in Denver! I ordered it about a month ago and it came about 3 weeks ahead of schedule. Good stuff.

I've been doing indirect smoking on my Weber charcoal grill for about ten years and have usually had some nice results. This is my first foray into a proper stick burner, and I'm excited to try this method of cooking. I'm rather partial to pork shoulder and baby back ribs, but I'll be trying lots of other cuts too.

I got to run my pit the first time on Sunday, and it went ok. It was a very windy day, and I had a lot of billowing out of both ends of the smoker. I found better success using smaller splits and keeping the fire vigorously burning, though I found I had to add these about every 15 minutes to keep my temp up at 275. The pulled pork I was doing took too long for dinner, but I had cheese brats on too, and they turned out great. The pulled pork will go in tacos tonight!

I'm looking forward to the next cook and more experimentation.

Happy cooking!

Scott

I like pork butts and I cannot lie...
February 21st, 2018, 9:29 am
Site AdminSite Admin

Congrats and welcome aboard!

Yoder_Herb

Return to Introduce Yourself