Share information about who you are, what you do, where you are from, and the equipment you use.
January 22nd, 2018, 11:35 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

I am happy to say that I just purchased a YS480. I’m hoping to receive it next week and I can’t wait to get started cooking with it. I stepped into the world of barbecue by doing small cooks on a Weber kettle set up for indirect cooking, then graduated to a 22.5” WSM as I got more into doing bbq. This has been a great way to start and to work on perfecting my style of bbq with a smaller investment.

I have to admit that I have been skeptical of pellet cookers until the last year as I slowly warmed up to the idea. Once I researched them and learned more about them, I have decided to go for it. After researaching just about every brand out there, Yoder seems to be the best hands down. I have cooked on stick burners in the past and between that experience and the experience of cooking on my WSM, I do love creating and managing a good fire. But, I am certainly looking forward to the convenience of the YS480 and, as I’m sure I’ll experience, with great results and great smoked flavor.

I live in the Black HIlls and with the cooler climate, I was tempted to get the thermal blanket, but I decided to pass on that for now and get to know the cooker before taking that step. I did feel like the grill grates and the two piece diffuser were a must, so I added those.

As you can tell, I can’t wait to get started and share my experience!

January 23rd, 2018, 10:12 am
Site AdminSite Admin

Congrats and welcome aboard!

Yoder_Herb

Return to Introduce Yourself