Share information about who you are, what you do, where you are from, and the equipment you use.
June 28th, 2017, 8:47 am
#1
* Abilene ** Abilene *
  • Joined: June 27th, 2017, 10:24 pm
  • Posts: 7

I just picked this up last week, so far I am impressed both with the unit and Yoder staff.
I am from NW Wisconsin so I see a thermal jacket in my future!

Attachments
Yoder1024.JPG
Rich
June 28th, 2017, 10:16 am
#2
Site AdminSite Admin
User avatar
  • Joined: April 18th, 2014, 3:12 pm
  • Posts: 1888

Welcome aboard!

Yoder_Herb
July 26th, 2017, 1:03 pm
#3
* Abilene ** Abilene *
User avatar
  • Joined: July 26th, 2017, 12:49 pm
  • Posts: 9
  • Location: Milwaukee, WI

Hello fellow Wisconsinite!

Quick question for you. Did you pick up your 640 from a local dealer or purchase it directly from the factory? I don't see any local dealers down here in Milwaukee, so not sure where the best place to purchase one is....

I've been putting off this purchase for about four months now and don't think I can wait any longer, I need a YS640 in my garage ASAP!

Thanks,

Mark

Yoder YS640
GMG Jim Bowie
Blacksone 36" Griddle
Masterbuilt Electric Smoker
Uni Pizza Oven
**The rest of the line up went to the kids when I moved to my Condo
July 26th, 2017, 1:19 pm
#4
* Abilene ** Abilene *
  • Joined: June 27th, 2017, 10:24 pm
  • Posts: 7

WeekendGrilling wrote:Hello fellow Wisconsinite!

Quick question for you. Did you pick up your 640 from a local dealer or purchase it directly from the factory? I don't see any local dealers down here in Milwaukee, so not sure where the best place to purchase one is....

I've been putting off this purchase for about four months now and don't think I can wait any longer, I need a YS640 in my garage ASAP!

Thanks,

Mark


I picked it up at The Meat Block in Greenville, WI
It was 250 miles each way for me but better than a 16 week wait. They had all the accessories too.
Take extra cash they have an amazing butcher shop also.

Rich
July 26th, 2017, 1:30 pm
#5
* Abilene ** Abilene *
User avatar
  • Joined: July 26th, 2017, 12:49 pm
  • Posts: 9
  • Location: Milwaukee, WI

Thanks for the quick reply Rich. I did see them as being the closest to me as well. I actually just sent them an email seeing what YS grills they have in stock. I currently have a Green Mountain Jim Bowie grill, but it's been down for a month and still waiting for parts. Going through withdrawal so not sure how much longer I can wait! Sounds like a road trip is in my future.

Yoder YS640
GMG Jim Bowie
Blacksone 36" Griddle
Masterbuilt Electric Smoker
Uni Pizza Oven
**The rest of the line up went to the kids when I moved to my Condo
July 27th, 2017, 3:24 pm
#6
* Abilene ** Abilene *
  • Joined: June 27th, 2017, 10:24 pm
  • Posts: 7

Good luck!

Rich
August 12th, 2017, 7:41 am
#7
* Abilene ** Abilene *
User avatar
  • Joined: July 26th, 2017, 12:49 pm
  • Posts: 9
  • Location: Milwaukee, WI

Picking up my 640 today from The Meat Block. Can't wait to leave! Thanks again for turning me on to them!

Yoder YS640
GMG Jim Bowie
Blacksone 36" Griddle
Masterbuilt Electric Smoker
Uni Pizza Oven
**The rest of the line up went to the kids when I moved to my Condo
August 12th, 2017, 7:57 am
#8
* Abilene ** Abilene *
  • Joined: June 27th, 2017, 10:24 pm
  • Posts: 7

Enjoy!

Rich
August 14th, 2017, 8:57 am
#9
* Abilene ** Abilene *
  • Joined: August 11th, 2017, 9:01 am
  • Posts: 16

WeekendGrilling wrote:Picking up my 640 today from The Meat Block. Can't wait to leave! Thanks again for turning me on to them!


Need pics!

August 14th, 2017, 9:00 am
* Abilene ** Abilene *
  • Joined: August 11th, 2017, 9:01 am
  • Posts: 16

Is the "Yoder Smokers" nameplate on the handle/lid standard? I don't see that on the same model on their website? Thanks

August 14th, 2017, 9:01 am
* Abilene ** Abilene *
  • Joined: June 27th, 2017, 10:24 pm
  • Posts: 7

911 Crazy wrote:Is the "Yoder Smokers" nameplate on the handle/lid standard? I don't see that on the same model on their website? Thanks


No it's not

Rich
August 14th, 2017, 1:12 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *
User avatar
  • Joined: July 26th, 2017, 12:49 pm
  • Posts: 9
  • Location: Milwaukee, WI

Very impressed with the quality of the grill, very easy installation and set-up. Burn in went flawless as did the first grilling experience. Can't say enough about Yoder and this smoker.

Yoder1.jpg

Yoder YS640
GMG Jim Bowie
Blacksone 36" Griddle
Masterbuilt Electric Smoker
Uni Pizza Oven
**The rest of the line up went to the kids when I moved to my Condo
August 14th, 2017, 8:33 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *
  • Joined: August 11th, 2017, 9:01 am
  • Posts: 16

FrozenTundra wrote:
911 Crazy wrote:Is the "Yoder Smokers" nameplate on the handle/lid standard? I don't see that on the same model on their website? Thanks


No it's not



So....where did you get the cool one on the lid counter weight?

August 14th, 2017, 8:39 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *
  • Joined: June 27th, 2017, 10:24 pm
  • Posts: 7

911 Crazy wrote:
FrozenTundra wrote:
911 Crazy wrote:Is the "Yoder Smokers" nameplate on the handle/lid standard? I don't see that on the same model on their website? Thanks


No it's not



So....where did you get the cool one on the lid counter weight?


Yoder customer service

Rich
August 14th, 2017, 8:46 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *
  • Joined: August 11th, 2017, 9:01 am
  • Posts: 16

What is the plate on the hopper on the left?

August 14th, 2017, 10:57 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *
  • Joined: June 27th, 2017, 10:24 pm
  • Posts: 7

911 Crazy wrote:What is the plate on the hopper on the left?


That's just a magnet from lumberjack pellets that tells me which variety I am currently burning.

Rich
August 15th, 2017, 10:27 am
* Abilene ** Abilene *
  • Joined: August 11th, 2017, 9:01 am
  • Posts: 16

FrozenTundra wrote:
911 Crazy wrote:What is the plate on the hopper on the left?


That's just a magnet from lumberjack pellets that tells me which variety I am currently burning.



Very cool. Thanks

August 15th, 2017, 2:12 pm
* Kingman ** Kingman *
  • Joined: September 3rd, 2014, 11:04 pm
  • Posts: 312

911 Crazy wrote:Is the "Yoder Smokers" nameplate on the handle/lid standard? I don't see that on the same model on their website? Thanks


He payed extra for that.

Return to Introduce Yourself