Share information about who you are, what you do, where you are from, and the equipment you use.
March 30th, 2017, 11:30 am
* Abilene ** Abilene *

I ordered a ys640 last week and received word that it has shipped. I was reading the user manual and in one section it mentions the smoker needs to be level back to front and side to side. I have a standard 1/4" per foot of slope away from the house on my patio. Based on where I plan to put the smoker this would be a slight slope from back to front. Side to side should be no problem. My question is will this amount of slope cause me any problems and if so, how would you recommend leveling the smoker? Is there any adjustment on the wheels or will I have to put shims under the wheels?

March 30th, 2017, 11:56 am
Site AdminSite Admin

Having the smoker lever has to do with grease draining into the bucket properly. Have the on the bucket end of the cooker is ok, but front to back may cause you more cleanup than normal.

The wheels do not have adjustment, so you will have to shim the wheels up to level the cooker.

Yoder_Herb
March 30th, 2017, 12:49 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Thank you for the info and quick response. I just heard from FEDEX that they will deliver tomorrow. After I have it in place I'll check level as the manual suggests and shim as needed.

April 5th, 2017, 1:05 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

enjoy that beast!! I LOVE mine!

Mike
YS 640 competition cart

Return to Introduce Yourself