Share information about who you are, what you do, where you are from, and the equipment you use.
March 2nd, 2017, 3:04 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Just receive my new smoker this morning here in Northern Michigan and it is exactly as I expected in quality. Doing the initial burn off now in 23 degrees weather and light snow. A few points about that. It took about an hour and fifteen minutes to getup to 225 on lid thermometer and the grate thermometer (Maverick) is at 249. Now is holding steady at 246 on grate and good smoke for 45 minutes. I can see the temptation of building too much fire to raise that steel temp up but relax and have a beer because that is why we like offsets(previous owner of multiple cheap smokers of all types). Defiantly get a temp. probe for the grate so you can monitor how fire is reacting to minor adjustments to drafting changes and learn the smoker before you waste your money by throwing food on it. Watch the fire management/start up video because it is exactly as it should be done. Love the smoker and it was great dealing with the salesman Mike at Yoder.

March 2nd, 2017, 4:05 pm
Site AdminSite Admin

Congrats and welcome aboard!

Yoder_Herb

Return to Introduce Yourself