Share information about who you are, what you do, where you are from, and the equipment you use.
December 7th, 2016, 9:32 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Greetings all. Merry Christmas to those who celebrate it, and Happy Holidays to all others. I just received my forum credentials, and am planning to acquire a YS640, having just sold my Big Green Egg. I've traded emails with Mike in sales, who has been very helpful. I'm working through the list of options to decide on which to choose. I don't think I need the competition version, and will post on the general forum for opinions from other owners on options.

I live in Marietta, GA, just northwest of Atlanta, new home of the Atlanta Braves next year. I make all my own BBQ sauce and spice blends to make sausage (fresh and smoked), curing/smoking ham, bacon and jerky, smoking pulled pork BBQ, ribs and brisket, and curing/smoking brisket for corned beef and Pastrami. I also enjoy a seasoned and roasted beef roast, then thinly sliced into Chicago Style Italian Beef. I look forward to the Yoder for all my main smoking/roasting/grilling needs, where temperature control above 150 degrees is required.

As far as toys, I regularly play with a couple meat grinders, a sausage mixer and stuffer and have a 12" meat slicer that will slice Prosciutto so thin you can see through it . I smoke sausage and salmon in a L'il Harry Pro electric smoker (Currently loaded with 10 lbs Kielbasa and 10 Lbs Portuguese Linguica using hickory sawdust). I'll smoke 20 lbs of Andouille sausage tomorrow evening. I also own a Blackstone propane pizza oven, and have a 20 year old Klose BBQ stick burner (Houston, TX) with a 20x20 offset firebox/grill and a 20"x42" smoking chamber.

I look forward to sharing information with you all.

December 7th, 2016, 9:48 pm
Site AdminSite Admin

Return to Introduce Yourself