Share information about who you are, what you do, where you are from, and the equipment you use.
November 10th, 2016, 10:06 am
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Just wanted to drop in and say hello. I'm a backyard barbecue enthusiast looking to upgrade my smoker. I currently have a Cookshack SMO55 that puts out good pork butts and ribs, but is less than ideal for briskets, chicken and turkeys. And while the BBQ is good, you can tell it comes from an electric smoker. Not knocking Cookshack, because when it comes to electric smokers, they probably make some of the best. However, I want a more authentic taste and I also want that smoke ring (which I know is more visual than anything else, but who doesn't like a nice smoke ring). I also have thoughts of hitting the competition circuit with my son in the future.

So, I'll be perusing these forums, asking questions, etc. Right now I'm trying to decide between an offset smoker or pellet smoker. There are pros and cons to both, I know. Having a young family, the pellet smoker is making more sense for my needs at this time. Yoder is at the top of my list. The stick burner might have to come later as the kids get older. I really want them to enjoy this too.

As a backyard enthusiast, I really want to get others into this fine hobby. What is better than family, friends, and barbecue? I say that because I also hope that one day I can open a store or perhaps be a dealer at least, catering to the backyard diehards. Ther are no barbecue pit dealers in my area. So, I hope I can speak to one of the powers that be about this process and what is involved. (Feel free to PM me).

Blessings and good BBQ to you all,

Todd

November 10th, 2016, 3:07 pm
Site AdminSite Admin

Welcome aboard!

For dealer information, send an email request to info@yodersmokers.com.

Yoder_Herb
November 19th, 2016, 9:37 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

welcome, there is nothing like cooking on a yoder

Marbque Midwest Backyardoasis

Return to Introduce Yourself