Share information about who you are, what you do, where you are from, and the equipment you use.
August 17th, 2016, 2:52 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Just not that great at doing it cleanly and creating great food........

Hi All, My names Neil and I'm from over the pond in the UK, I purchased a Loaded Wichita for far too much money from a European distributor, waited 9 weeks for delivery and well have cooked on it three times with varying degrees of what I would call acceptable cuisine.

I've been reading various posts and watching video's and tips and tricks from users on here and YouTube so a big thanks goes out to Kirbyfor his fire management video and best practices, but also to Herb for some fantastic tips on the various threads I have read so far.

I'm only three cooks in, and I like to think I'm making good progress.... I come from a Weber kettle background and all my previous BBQ was typically direct and indirect minion method on this old kettle, I'm learning so much so quickly right now and a lot of it is trial and error.

Tonight for example I just cooked up to Scotch/Angus Sirloin steaks for me and the wifey, and whilst they were delicious in their own right they were a little too smokey for my taste, so I will be no doubt scouring the forums for information and tips and tricks on getting better results out of my offset smoker!

Neil_TheStickBurner
Great at burning sticks, not too great at cooking food
August 17th, 2016, 3:43 pm
Site AdminSite Admin

Welcome aboard!

Yoder_Herb
August 19th, 2016, 7:32 pm
* Wichita ** Wichita *

Hello and welcome!!!

August 22nd, 2016, 2:45 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Just curious, what kind of wood are you burning? The type of wood used is going to impart different smoke flavor. Welcome to the forum!

Brent
Snoring Hog's BBQ

Yoder Competition YS640
Yoder Competition YS1500
Yoder Competition Frontiersman
XL Big Green Egg, Back Woods Smoker & a small herd of "Dead" smokers in the smoker cemetery.

Return to Introduce Yourself