Share information about who you are, what you do, where you are from, and the equipment you use.
July 28th, 2016, 9:23 am
* Abilene ** Abilene *

I can't wait for this cooker to show up!!!!! It's been a little over 5 weeks, so I am hoping it will arrive soon. Totally new to pellet cookers and only been smoking on my Weber Smokey Mtn for a couple years. I have a weber gas grill as well and they have been great. It's just time to up my game! Can't wait to prove to my wife that this was a great investment....boy did I have to battle with her to let me pull the trigger on this bad boy!! Can't wait to burn it in and start posting some pics. My two neighbors with Traegers are going to be a little jealous when they see this tank roll up!

Nate Gage
July 28th, 2016, 10:11 am
Site AdminSite Admin

Welcome aboard!

When I ordered mine in early 2012, I convinced my wife we needed one as well, and she agreed. When it came we were both excited, until she saw the invoice. We had discussed getting the backyard model, and I ordered the comp cart model. Needless to say, she was very upset, until she ate the first product that was cooked on the Yoder. After taking the first bite, she slowly looked up, finished chewing, and said "why did you wait so long to get a Yoder?".

Yoder_Herb
July 30th, 2016, 9:08 pm
* Cheyenne ** Cheyenne *

heres what to expect on that glorious day...

IMG_0988.jpg

IMG_0989.jpg

IMG_0990.jpg

IMG_0991.jpg

YS640 Competition
Fort Lauderdale, FL

"Pissing off muslims one rack at a time"
July 31st, 2016, 10:19 am
* Wichita ** Wichita *

My experience was somewhat similar to Herbs. I researched for over a year on line. I would try to get my wife to come take a look what seemed like just about every time she walked by my office. She just did not seem to be interested. She comes from a family of restaurateurs...her grandfather was a personal chef to Louis Armstrong, had a few restaurants in Seattle, and was fairly well known. My wife is an excellent cook and did 95% of the cooking...everyone wants her to cook her chicken parm or one of her other go to's.

One morning I woke us and said lets drive to Oregon and pick up a Yoder...she was more interested in just getting away for a little road trip. So brought it home and next day had a pilot buddy of mine and his wife over and cooked some ribs. Part way through dinner I asked her what she thought? She said she thought it was the best thing I'd ever bought and they were the best ribs she ever ate.

Guess who does most of the cooking now?

Return to Introduce Yourself