Share information about who you are, what you do, where you are from, and the equipment you use.
August 25th, 2014, 11:42 am
* Kingman ** Kingman *

Proud and happy YS640 owner who just learned about this YS forum from All Things BBQ! Glad I read the email and thrilled to have an alternative to Pelletheads.com...

I'm a southerner semi-stranded in New England (married a Boston girl...), but making the best of it while I'm here and putting out some of the best locally smoked meats and other goodies around these parts, where the picking can get pretty darned slim for traditional BBQ. A couple of gems here and there, but real BBQ not well understood here at all. We cook on our YS640 as much as possible and put out a spread for 200-300 people once each fall and try to convert them one by one to real Q, Yoder style. Nobody has left hungry or unhappy yet, except for a couple of squeamish soccer moms who don't mind pulled pork, but just "don't want to see the pig." Oh well, you can't please everybody...

Looking forward to connecting to other Yoder owners and smokers. Thanks to Don and Joe for putting out a great product and for the great post-purchase support. Now, if there were just a good, cheap source for high quality pellets in MA, life would be just about perfect...

TJ

August 25th, 2014, 11:51 am
* Durnago ** Durnago *

Welcome to the forum, and thanks for joining the group! That's a great thing you are doing, spreading the word about good barbecue and enlightening people.

August 25th, 2014, 1:43 pm
Site AdminSite Admin

Welcome aboard!

Yoder_Herb
August 25th, 2014, 2:02 pm
* Kingman ** Kingman *

:lol: Welcome!

Mike
2 - YS640 Silver Competition Carts
August 25th, 2014, 2:37 pm
* Wichita ** Wichita *

Hello from Lincoln.

Yoder Smokers YS1500, Yoder Smokers 24" Firepot, Yoder Smokers YS640 CompCart(sold)
August 25th, 2014, 6:00 pm
* Wichita ** Wichita *

Welcome from the NW

Durango 24
August 25th, 2014, 9:26 pm
* Kingman ** Kingman *

welcome...

~All that is gold does not glitter ~ Not all those that wander are lost~
~20" Yoder "Swiss Army Knife" Stick Burner~
September 3rd, 2014, 7:50 pm
* Cheyenne ** Cheyenne *

Howdy TJ. I'm an Alabama boy that married a girl from Ohio (but she is southern at heart). Like you said, we will just work on converting everyone to good bbq and the southern way. :D

Mike
Eagle River Barbecue

YS640 Comp Cart
Stumps Platinum 5
September 3rd, 2014, 8:16 pm
* Kingman ** Kingman *

There's another huge Yoder fan and YS640 owner in Dayton I met on another forum. He was a really nice fellow and did some really great cooks. If I can figure out his handle, I'll pm it to you in case you want to connect with him. This goes back a couple of years now so I don't know exactly what he's up to and I've kinda moved on from the other forum. Too much politics there for my taste, but I can track him down easy enough.

Ohio is definitely closer to the South than Boston! My oldest son is a freshman at college in OH this year and I find it to be a really easy place to be. Definitely not AL or TN for that matter, but I've really enjoyed Ohio when I've traveled there. Nice folks by and large in my experience. New Englanders can be nice too but they have their own kind of charm that I may never fully appreciate. :) Sure does warm many of them up when they taste real BBQ for the first time. ;)

September 3rd, 2014, 9:53 pm
* Cheyenne ** Cheyenne *

Yea, I know who you are talking about. I stopped by and checked out his 640 one day after work. I met him on the other place as well while researching pellet cookers but like you left that forum.

Mike
Eagle River Barbecue

YS640 Comp Cart
Stumps Platinum 5

Return to Introduce Yourself