Share information about who you are, what you do, where you are from, and the equipment you use.
June 11th, 2016, 5:32 am
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Hi everyone,

Just a quick email on the arrival of my new pride and joy to Lara, Victoria in Australia - a (nearly fully loaded) Wichita.

I have been cooking with a Kamado Joe for about 18 months and felt it time to graduate to an offset smoker and I couldn't be happier.

There's some great resources on this site, incl. Fire Management which is something new (compared to the Kamado).

I'm on my fourth cook, focusing on running a clean hot fire (great link on Fire Mgmt on this site) and I'm getting a deep smoke ring, without any bitterness or off flavours.

BBQ is a little different here in Australia as imported Hickory and Mesquite are *way* too expensive, but we have some local hardwoods (red gum, grey box) that are working out very well.

So just a quick intro, and looking forward to reading posts on this site and perfecting the art of BBQ.

Cheers, Wayne.

June 11th, 2016, 7:25 am
* Durnago ** Durnago *

Welcome to the forum and thanks for joining the group!

I agree, use local wood. That's part of what makes BBQ great and unique by region.

June 11th, 2016, 9:59 pm
Site AdminSite Admin

Return to Introduce Yourself