Click the links below to go directly to available resources:
**Frequently Asked Questions**
**Register Your Yoder Cooker**
**Find a Dealer**
**The Yoder Smokers Blog**
December 25th, 2015, 1:00 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

This morning I removed the cover from my YS-640, vacuumed out the firebox and reinstalled the burn grate, diffuser plate and grills. When I plugged the power cord in, the lower left and lower bottom LED segments of the left most number were illuminated with the power switch in the off position. I unplugged the power cord, waited several seconds and plugged it back in. This time the display was normal with no LED segments being illuminated.

When I turned on the power switch, the controller did not go through the start up sequence and the U code did not flash. However, the blower started, the blue light was on, and the pellet feeder began feeding pellets. The controller display was blank. I turned the power switch to off and unplugged the power cord and check the fuse. The fuse was fine and reinstalled. Again, I plugged in the power cord and turned the power on. I observed the same symptoms; no U code, blue light on, blower running pellet feeder was feeding pellets, and no display on the indicator.

At this time, I turned it off and unplugged the power cord. Fortunately, I also have a Cookshack electric smoker and I prepared it for use so that I could smoke the Prime Rib Roast I had planned for Christmas dinner.

Once, I got my rib roast in the smoker, I went back to look at my YS-640. This time I plugged it in, turned on the power switch and everything appeared to be normal. I didn't not start the unit since my rib roast was already in my Cookshack smoker. I am considering starting it up and letting it come up to full temperature.

Does anyone have any idea what might have happened the first few times I tried to operate my smoker? It worked fine at Thanksgiving and has been stored with the cover installed since then. My YS-640 is just over 1 year old

Thanks,

Jim

December 25th, 2015, 1:18 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

I just started it up and it is heating up as expected. I'm going to let it come up to full temperature. The unit was manufactured on 10-08-2014. It has a program code of U26.

December 25th, 2015, 3:48 pm
* Kingman ** Kingman *

Dunno, first thing they will tell you to do is email the site, and give the serial number. Give them all that info too. Maybe they will ship you a new controller board.

So, email Yoder direct at their website.

December 25th, 2015, 5:10 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Thanks, email sent to customer service.

June 19th, 2016, 10:53 am
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Mine just did basically the same thing. Noon on fathers day with ribs and no backup smoker. Grr.

Plugged it in, power switch to on. One blue light, no digits, a hum but not the fan. Not feeding pellets. GRRRR!

June 19th, 2016, 12:19 pm
Site AdminSite Admin

Unplug the cooker, wait 2 minutes, make sure the power switch is off, plug the cooker back in and try again.

Normally this is a power issue, not a cooker problem.

Yoder_Herb

Return to Manuals, Troubleshooting, Best Practices, FAQs, Cooker Registration