Click the links below to go directly to available resources:
**Frequently Asked Questions**
**Register Your Yoder Cooker**
**Find a Dealer**
**The Yoder Smokers Blog**
October 17th, 2015, 6:52 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

I have had my yoder since Dec 24, 2014. Love it. Current problem is it won't shut off. Plug it in and it starts up with the switch off. The last cook it would not go into cool down mode. just kept running.

I have in the past forgotten to unplug it. And the wife noticed one time the fans were running, so she unplugged it.

To investigate I have pulled the end shield and removed the controller and nothing fried on the board. Ran normal after that. But now, as the top comments says it will not shut off or go into cool down mode when the switch is turned off.

?? new controller??

October 19th, 2015, 4:19 pm
Site AdminSite Admin

The cooker MUST be unplugged after cool down and when not in use. If the cooker is plugged into power before starting, unplug the power for 30 seconds, then start the cooker.

The switch on the front is not a power switch, it is a signal switch. To truly remove power, the power cord must be unplugged, which is why unplugging power is a requirement and is stated in the manual.

Yoder_Herb
October 20th, 2015, 8:40 am
* Abilene ** Abilene *

I have done all that. It is left unplugged when not in use.

Currently when I plug it back in, it runs(fans running) and the switch is in the OFF position. pushing the start button does nothing(fans still running) until the switch is ON. Then the auger runs and temp controls run normal. However, when I turn the switch off it continues to run as if it is still cooking(auger runs, temp disp still on), does not go into cool down mode.

This all being said, I cannot use it. the cool down mode is very important to burn out the fire box, to unplug it, the possibility to burn up the unit increases. The answer I am looking for is how much is a new controller? and delivery time?

October 20th, 2015, 8:44 am
Site AdminSite Admin

Send an email with the following information to customerservice@yodersmokers.com

full name
shipping address
model
firmware version
serial number
build date

The controller has a 3 year warranty. Refer to this forum thread in the email.

Yoder_Herb
October 20th, 2015, 9:04 am
* Abilene ** Abilene *
February 8th, 2019, 12:33 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Hi so when ending a cook the other night i noticed the Yoder did not run it 15min shutdown procedure. I know this can be dangerous and i like to use this alot so some help would be great. Cann this be solved? Thank you.

February 8th, 2019, 12:58 pm
Site AdminSite Admin

Please send us an email at customerservice@yodersmokers.com so we may properly help. Please include your name, shipping address, contact phone number and the serial number and build date from your cooker.

Yoder_Herb
February 17th, 2019, 3:31 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

I sent in my info to customer service the day after you advised to. I still havent heard anything back. Anything else you can tell me?

February 19th, 2019, 11:26 am
Site AdminSite Admin

We have received your email, and will respond shortly. We take care of all inquiries in the order in which they were received.

Thank you for your patience.

Yoder_Herb

Return to Manuals, Troubleshooting, Best Practices, FAQs, Cooker Registration