Click the links below to go directly to available resources:
**Frequently Asked Questions**
**Register Your Yoder Cooker**
**Find a Dealer**
**The Yoder Smokers Blog**
April 25th, 2015, 9:07 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Was so excited this weekend to have the new YS604 (comp cart) delivered this by a local dealer. I had spend the past 4 months anticipating and working VERY hard to for this day. My goal I set for myself in January was when I lost 30lbs, I would reward was a new smoker. So hard to say just how excited I was today to get a couple of chickens going. The rest of the story...

Spent 6hrs trying to it up and running, with no luck. Would only heat to ~200 or less and then the controller and fans would shut completely down. Can't say how may times I checked the fans, clean out the burn pot, so could use a little guidance if anyone has any ideas on any solutions. I guess there is always tomorrow, or call customer service next week...

April 25th, 2015, 10:40 pm
Site AdminSite Admin

First thing is to unplug the power cord from the cooker.

Under the cooker, from the back of the power plug, follow the wires up to where they enter the pellet hopper. Unplug the wires one at a time, and make sure that they are properly joined inside the connectors when you push them together. After you do this, you may need to use a pliers to gently squeeze the connector to insure proper connection inside the connector.

Let us know if this resolves your issue.

Yoder_Herb
April 26th, 2015, 7:52 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Herb, thank you so much!!!! You have put a big smile on my face today. It was just as you said, re-seat the connectors and a crimp for good measure.
Finished out the day with the two spatchcock chickens...

April 26th, 2015, 11:10 pm
Site AdminSite Admin

Great news. I am glad that things are working. Smoke on!

Yoder_Herb

Return to Manuals, Troubleshooting, Best Practices, FAQs, Cooker Registration