Click the links below to go directly to available resources:
**Frequently Asked Questions**
**Register Your Yoder Cooker**
**Find a Dealer**
**The Yoder Smokers Blog**
January 2nd, 2015, 4:04 am
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Just wondering what vacuum cleaner guys are using for their yoders to clean out ash. I've just been using a brush and scoop as I don't want to risk wrecking my vacuum and getting kicked by the wife...

January 2nd, 2015, 6:26 am
* Kingman ** Kingman *

I have one of the small upright shop vacs. Maybe 20" tall. I keep it by the smoking area. Fits under a small table I have. I had it already, works great. You do need it and a plastic scraper about 3" wide, Home Depot etc sells these scrapers in diff sizes packs of 3, The middle area kinda towards the right side seems to get a bit of ash grease sludge. It helps. Don't need done all the time just regular periodic maintenance. Then the yearly uber clean.

January 2nd, 2015, 8:37 am
Site AdminSite Admin

Mini Shop Vac from Home Depot. Dedicated to removing pellet remains.

Yoder_Herb
January 2nd, 2015, 8:59 am
* Abilene ** Abilene *

You also might want to search out a dedicated ash vacuum like this one from PowerSmith (link removed). It doesn't look like they make a 240V/50Hz version, but it's something to follow up on.

Yoder YS640 (currently pooping BBQr's Delight pellets)
A-Maze-N Tube Smoker (6" & 12")
January 5th, 2015, 12:44 am
* Cheyenne ** Cheyenne *

I got a Rigid Wet/Dry Vac from Home Depot with the blue air filter (rated for ash) on it. It gets used for everything else in the garage too.

January 5th, 2015, 4:08 pm
* Cheyenne ** Cheyenne *

Yoder_Herb wrote:Mini Shop Vac from Home Depot. Dedicated to removing pellet remains.

Same here. Cost around 30$ and when it won't suck ash anymore ill buy another.

September 21st, 2015, 8:40 am
* Kingman ** Kingman *

Wicked Chicken wrote:I got a Rigid Wet/Dry Vac from Home Depot with the blue air filter (rated for ash) on it. It gets used for everything else in the garage too.

I use the same setup as Wicked Chicken and I also use it to clean my cars and everything else outside and it works great...I just have 2 different hoses--one for ashes only and one for other uses so I don't get cars or other areas greasy or ashy from residue from cleaning out the YS640. Just make sure to let the cooker cool completely before vacuuming any ashes out! This vac cannot handle hot ashes (most can't...)

Return to Manuals, Troubleshooting, Best Practices, FAQs, Cooker Registration