Click the links below to go directly to available resources:
**Frequently Asked Questions**
**Register Your Yoder Cooker**
**Find a Dealer**
**The Yoder Smokers Blog**
December 5th, 2014, 12:47 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

So I am in the process of moving from NJ to Atlanta. I unlocked the wheel locks (newer style, no brake on the actual outside of the wheel) on my 640 comp cart that has not been moved in months from my patio and rolled the pit up into the moving trailer. I stepped on the locks to move them back to the "on" position and the wheels still rolled freely. The locks are now also stuck in that position. I was able to successfully secure the 640 on the trailer but once i get it off next weekend in Atlanta I want to tackle the wheel lock issue and get them working properly again. I am not the handiest person in the world but feel i can handle this lol. Is there any schematic? Does the whole assembly need to be replaced? Any thoughts or ideas are appreciated!

December 5th, 2014, 12:57 pm
Site AdminSite Admin

Once you get the wheel locks back into their normal unlocked position, you can tighten the nut on the end of the axle until you get the desired functionality when you step on the brake arm.

Yoder_Herb
December 5th, 2014, 6:50 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Thanks Herb. Part of the issue is getting them back to the unlocked position. They wont budge with my foot, and I wasn't sure if whacking them with a hammer was a good idea.

December 5th, 2014, 9:00 pm
Site AdminSite Admin

You will have to loosen the axle nut to get the brake to move back where it belongs.

Yoder_Herb

Return to Manuals, Troubleshooting, Best Practices, FAQs, Cooker Registration