Click the links below to go directly to available resources:
**Frequently Asked Questions**
**Register Your Yoder Cooker**
**Find a Dealer**
**The Yoder Smokers Blog**
October 24th, 2014, 11:36 am
* Abilene ** Abilene *

I was not sure of where to post this but...I have a YS640 thats about 3 years old. Love it. Recently when the auger would run it would emit an occasional squeak. The other nite when I went to start up the fan turned on and displayed U26, then hit start and a 4 flashed before the 350 rising display and the auger did not turn. Before I dig in any ideas of what I am dealing with? Thanks. Jeff

October 24th, 2014, 11:54 am
Site AdminSite Admin

Here are some things to check:

Remove the pellets and check for any obstruction in the auger.

Remove the 11 screws to remove the hopper end plate, remove the wire to the end plate fan. Check the wires connected to the motor, and check the auger and motor bolts. Here is a document that will take you through this: download/Install%20and%20Repair/Auger%20Bolt%20Fix.pdf

You can also pull the motor and auger out of the cooker to verify there are no obstructions.

When you put the end panel back on, make sure that none of the wiring looms fall between, or on, the fans which could potentially stop the fan from running.

Yoder_Herb
October 24th, 2014, 4:33 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Thanks Herb. I'll let you know how I do...

November 16th, 2014, 1:53 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

OK Herb,

Finally had a chance to open this up. When cleaned out of pellets the auger starts up but squeaking and then stops. Any ideas short of opening up and pulling the auger? Does the motor have a sensor that shuts it off if the auger is turning improperly? Thanks

November 16th, 2014, 2:41 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Herb,
Upon further inspection the auger drive motor is loose. I assume this could be the problem. I cannot see how to tighten it however or get access to it. Any help appreciated.

November 16th, 2014, 6:53 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

I actually got a hold of Joey @ Yoder on a Sunday and he talked us through it. Amazing customer service!

Return to Manuals, Troubleshooting, Best Practices, FAQs, Cooker Registration