Click the links below to go directly to available resources:
**Frequently Asked Questions**
**Register Your Yoder Cooker**
**Find a Dealer**
**The Yoder Smokers Blog**
October 15th, 2014, 10:55 am
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Unpacked my brand new 640 competition, got it all ready to go, plugged it in, hit start, element heats up, auger does not move. Unloaded the hopper and vacuumed it out, try it empty, does not move. Pulled the end cap off, metered the gear motor 120 volts, should be turning. Noticed the leads going to the coil were bent back due to tie wrapping the wires backwards as tight as a guitar string, this includes the thermocouple lead. Pulled the gear motor and checked the resistance, Zero. One of the posts on the motor was bent far enough to break the small copper coil wire. I soldered the wire back and bingo, motor works!

Noticed the wires going to the cord socket on the comp cart go through the original hole for the cord socket on the smoker. No bushing or anything to protect the wires from rubbing on the edge of the steel. I found a bushing that worked to clean up that potential future problem.

Inside the grill where the thermocouple wire comes in there is a 3/4" tall wade of silicon sealing the hole. This causes the end grill to not fit properly and the grill rests on the wire and silicon, why is the wire coming in where the grill sits? It won't be long befor the grill will rub a hole in the thermocouple wire.

Bottom line: A new customer, with food prepped and ready and people waiting, should not have to repair their grill on the first day of use due to poor wiring practices and no testing of the unit before it left the factory.

1. Clean up your wiring practices. Be sure there is no tension on the wire connections.
2. Put a bushing on the wires going to the socket on the comp cart.
3. Move the hole location for the thermocouple wire so that the grill will lay flat and not wear through the wire.
4. TEST EVERY UNIT BEFORE SHIPPING!!!

Sent from my iPhone

October 15th, 2014, 1:20 pm
Site AdminSite Admin

Our intention at Yoder Smokers is to deliver the best product that can be purchased on the market today. Our increased production demands have caused us to evaluate our quality control processes. This is our number one priority internally and we are working very hard to insure these types of things don't happen. I will meet with our production team this afternoon to cover these issues. I can't apologize for our team enough for the oversights on your pit.
If you would please provide us with the serial number and manufacturing date it will be helpful. We keep a documented inspection log and inspection sheet for each unit that is built and shipped. It is our practice to run every pit that comes off of our line to insure this type of thing doesn't happen to our customers. I will personally pull the information together and get to the bottom of your issues.

We appreciate the feedback and will work to insure that you are satisfied with your purchase.

October 15th, 2014, 1:50 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

17199 Sept 12 2014

The smoker has worked flawlessly since the repair and it is built well so I am satisfied with the product and especially the results! I know you will take care of these small issues so it will not happen again in the future.

May 24th, 2015, 8:55 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Blink wrote:4. TEST EVERY UNIT BEFORE SHIPPING!!!

I am pretty sure Yoder's QC procedures do not include testing units. The "gas light" feature and front burners of my Chisholm have never worked.

Return to Manuals, Troubleshooting, Best Practices, FAQs, Cooker Registration