Click the links below to go directly to available resources:
**Frequently Asked Questions**
**Register Your Yoder Cooker**
**Find a Dealer**
**The Yoder Smokers Blog**
September 22nd, 2019, 11:28 am
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Ever since I bought my 640, I have noticed the right side runs hotter than the left. I have been playing with damper position using FireBoard ambient sensors on grate clips and I can't seem to get anything less than a 40 degree difference. If I pull the damper all the way right, it jumps to 80 degrees.

Obviously the bottom left is hot over the fire, but the top left grate is the coldest spot in the pit.

Putting larger food on the bottom grate seems to help a little, but I normally cook on the top grate if I am doing small cooks, like 2 or 3 butts. The radiant heat off the diffuser plate tends to char the bottom more than I'd like (but that's a different discussion).

Does anyone have recommendations of damper placement and/or food layout to balance the temp well across the pit? And for the Yoder guys, could this actually be a problem and not a normal condition?

September 27th, 2019, 6:12 pm
* Kingman ** Kingman *

I know how you feel. I leave it 5" out and it stays for ohh, 5 years?. That's how the Yoder works and I have learned to live with it, rotating meats and using cold/hot zones as needed.

It has a Hot assed flame pushed far to the right and it seems to collect there no matter the position of the damper.

Been using one over 6? years now and not one single hiccup. Great smoker. And no rust either. And I treat mine like a 3rd cousins stepchild and it is awesome!

Return to Manuals, Troubleshooting, Best Practices, FAQs, Cooker Registration