Click the links below to go directly to available resources:
**Frequently Asked Questions**
**Register Your Yoder Cooker**
**Find a Dealer**
**The Yoder Smokers Blog**
July 28th, 2019, 10:26 am
* Abilene ** Abilene *

hi everyone.

I ordered my smoker on April 1st 2019, but because I live in Egypt it was actually released and delivered yesterday July 27th.
maybe you can imagine after all this wait my excitement to start using the Yoder smoker, which is also my first time to use a smoker ever.

Anyway, I found out that there is an upgrade to the igniter, so while I was waiting for the smoker to arrive I bought one that came with a fuse 5AMP.

before I use the smoker I installed the new ceramic igniter, and I changed the fuse as per instructions which came with it.

I noticed there is a small sticker on the pit that says 1.6 amp maximum, not sure if that makes a difference.

after I turned the ON button, I heard the fan starting and on the screen I believe I saw U29, then after 30 seconds or less the smoker was dead, I checked everything but I don't know what happened, I tried using the first original fuse, I changed the power cable. but nothing..
then I got an ohm meter and I tested the socket on the side where the power cable goes in but it gave me no reading.

Note: I ordered a 240V pit, is it possible they made a mistake and sent me a 120v? and that's why it died? how can I tell...

July 28th, 2019, 11:10 am
Site AdminSite Admin

We did receive your support request via email as well, so we will respond via email shortly.

Yoder_Herb

Return to Manuals, Troubleshooting, Best Practices, FAQs, Cooker Registration