Click the links below to go directly to available resources:
**Frequently Asked Questions**
**Register Your Yoder Cooker**
**Find a Dealer**
**The Yoder Smokers Blog**
March 29th, 2019, 4:34 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

I purchased a YS480 for Christmas 2018. I got 3 cooks on it before the Minnesota winter closed down the outdoor grilling. I’m forced to store the smoker outside with a cover on it.

When I took the cover off to use it again, I noteced like a 100 tiny discolorations on the paint. It is slightly lighter colored than the original color and slightly raised. I tried washing the surface but they are still there so I’m thinking it is the beginning of rust.

Any suggestions on what I should do?
How should I prevent future rusting?

If it is painting, I’m thinking it needs to be completely refinished.

Before I purchased the Yoder I had read about the potential for rust. However, I never expected all these tinny problem areas to develop over 3 months.

Any help is appreciated.

March 29th, 2019, 5:34 pm
Site AdminSite Admin

Please contact our Customer Service Team at customerservice@yodersmokers.com so we may properly help you.

Yoder_Herb
March 31st, 2019, 2:12 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

OK, thanks for the advice. I sent an email with pictures of the paint. I had forgot to mention that there was a narrow vertical, repeating every 3 inches or so raised bump in a line up the fire pit door, too. I included pictures of that as well.

April 7th, 2019, 10:19 am
* Abilene ** Abilene *

[quote="WatchManUSA"]I purchased a YS480 for Christmas 2018. I got 3 cooks on it before the Minnesota winter closed down the outdoor grilling. I’m forced to store the smoker outside with a cover on it.

When I took the cover off to use it again, I noticed like a 100 tiny discolorations on the paint. It is slightly lighter colored than the original color and slightly raised. I tried washing the surface but they are still there so I’m thinking it is the beginning of rust.

Any suggestions on what I should do?
How should I prevent future rusting?

If it is painting, I’m thinking it needs to be completely refinished.

Before I purchased the Yoder I had read about the potential for rust. However, I never expected all these tinny problem areas to develop over 3 months.

I am having the same issue and they sent me a new lid, but no explanation is given. It has now spread to the hopper box.

April 7th, 2019, 10:20 am
* Abilene ** Abilene *

I am having the same issue and they sent me a new lid, but no explanation is given. It has now spread to the hopper box.

April 7th, 2019, 10:21 am
* Abilene ** Abilene *

[quote="WatchManUSA"]OK, thanks for the advice. I sent an email with pictures of the paint. I had forgot to mention that there was a narrow vertical, repeating every 3 inches or so raised bump in a line up the fire pit door, too. I included pictures of that as well. So what was their advice?

April 7th, 2019, 10:22 am
* Abilene ** Abilene *

So what was their advice? They have not given me any.

Return to Manuals, Troubleshooting, Best Practices, FAQs, Cooker Registration