Click the links below to go directly to available resources:
**Frequently Asked Questions**
**Register Your Yoder Cooker**
**Find a Dealer**
**The Yoder Smokers Blog**
May 20th, 2018, 12:46 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Hey Everyone!
I've had a 640 for about 3 years now, worked like a charm. Recently, I didnt run it for about a month and when i went to turn it on, the blower turns on, but no numbers display and the burner does no ignite. I tried cycling the power a couple of times but no luck. Any ideas? Is it worth taking apart and checking connections?

May 20th, 2018, 12:48 pm
Site AdminSite Admin

Did you push the START button?

Yoder_Herb
May 20th, 2018, 1:13 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Yup pressed the button and tried playing around with the other buttons a bit.

May 20th, 2018, 1:23 pm
Site AdminSite Admin

Try unplugging and start it again.

After you plug the cooker in, and flip the switch on, you should see the firmware flash in the display, the fans start, and the blue power light should come on.

It will stay in this state until the START button is pressed, then the display will show 350 and the heat up mode (dashes flashing from lower left to upper right).

If after unplugging and trying again, and firmly pushing the START button (pushing very hard will not hurt the controller), and it still doesn't work, send us an email with your name, address and contact phone, and include the cooker's serial number and build date with an explanation of what is happening, to customerservice@yodersmokers.com

Yoder_Herb
May 26th, 2018, 3:12 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Whew, same thing happened to me, glad this step took care of it!

Just installed the new diffuser and grill grates, going to give it a spin before tomorrow's cook!

May 29th, 2018, 5:26 am
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Exactly the same thing is happening with my Yoder 640 every time I try to start it. I think the start button might actually be working and initiating a start because I can hear the auger dropping pellets into the fire box, but there is no display and therefore I cannot set the temp. Unplugging it and starting over seems to work, but I have to do that every time I use it. Something is wrong with the electronics.

May 29th, 2018, 6:32 am
Site AdminSite Admin

davidcrawley wrote:Exactly the same thing is happening with my Yoder 640 every time I try to start it. I think the start button might actually be working and initiating a start because I can hear the auger dropping pellets into the fire box, but there is no display and therefore I cannot set the temp. Unplugging it and starting over seems to work, but I have to do that every time I use it. Something is wrong with the electronics.

Per the manual, it is a requirement to unplug the cooker when not in use. If the cooker is plugged jn, it must be unplugged for 30 seconds prior to starting.

Yoder_Herb
May 31st, 2018, 8:34 am
* Abilene ** Abilene *

I never keep it plugged in when I am not using it.

Return to Manuals, Troubleshooting, Best Practices, FAQs, Cooker Registration