Click the links below to go directly to available resources:
**Frequently Asked Questions**
**Register Your Yoder Cooker**
**Find a Dealer**
**The Yoder Smokers Blog**
July 4th, 2017, 3:07 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Hi gang,

So I have a ys640 competition smoker. Have had it now since February. I cook everything on it at 225 and no matter what I do, the outside of the meat gets really dry and leathery. I do use a water tray, and I always spritz my meat with water or apple juice.

I've noticed that the fan on my smoker runs 100% of the time. Is that how the fan is supposed to run?

At this moment I have a brisket on the grill and it only has an internal temp of 140 but I can already tell that the outer surface is getting dried out. It's so frustrating and I wish I would have bought an offset because I can't get my meat to turn out right. I've probably cooked 40 times on it since the February and I've not had one piece of meat turn out as nice as when I cook on my $200 cheap offset from Home Depot.

Someone please help!

July 9th, 2017, 9:46 am
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Any responses about the fan?

July 9th, 2017, 11:45 am
* Wichita ** Wichita *

Both internal and hopper fans run all the time. That is normal. Not sure what is causing your other issue. All the meat I cook ends with a nice bark on the outside unless I wrap it.

Wichita, KS!
New to pellet grilling/smoking

YS-640 ON ORANGE COMP CART
December 25th, 2020, 11:42 am
* Abilene ** Abilene *

I have a YS640 and it worked as advertised for about 6 months, then stopped sending data to WiFi application (Fire Board). Service Department sent me a new controller and it worked as advertised for about 4 hours and stopped sending data to Fire Board application.The new controller has also stopped sending WiFi signal and does not show up on any of my WiFi networks just like the first controller.

Return to Manuals, Troubleshooting, Best Practices, FAQs, Cooker Registration