Click the links below to go directly to available resources:
**Frequently Asked Questions**
**Register Your Yoder Cooker**
**Find a Dealer**
**The Yoder Smokers Blog**
November 25th, 2016, 4:50 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

JUST WONDERING WHAT TYPE THERMOCOUPLE IS USED IN MY YS640? TYPE J OR TYPE K OR WHAT?

November 25th, 2016, 7:31 pm
Site AdminSite Admin

Proprietary Type J variant.

Yoder_Herb
November 26th, 2016, 6:31 am
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Ok Thanks. I thought it would be Proprietary. I was just curious, It is my job to do instrumentation maintenance and repair. We have 100's of type J thermocouples in our plant sensing temperatures from 0 to 1000 deg. and in the 15 years I have been doing this we have only had to replace maybe 5. From reading this forum, it just seems like Yoder has a lot of problems with thermocouples going bad, and of course these things happen at the most inopportune times, like 0700hrs Thanksgiving morning, when you have two turkeys to cook by 1400hrs. Unlike Yoder running the wire through the heat in my YS640, where I work the only part of a thermocouple that is exposed directly to the process is the tip, where the temperature sensing takes place. Would it be possible to reroute the sensor wire out the back of the hopper assembly and then just put the tip of the probe into the cooking chamber from the rear, as long as the probe ended up in the same position. I am only asking this because my original thermocouple went bad after about 18 months, I replaced it in either January or February of this year and my grill is doing the same thing it did then so I am going to have to replace it again. .

Return to Manuals, Troubleshooting, Best Practices, FAQs, Cooker Registration