Click the links below to go directly to available resources:
**Frequently Asked Questions**
**Register Your Yoder Cooker**
**Find a Dealer**
**The Yoder Smokers Blog**
November 20th, 2016, 12:44 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Hey everyone! I have owned my ys640 with comp cart for 2 years and it has worked flawlessly.... However a week ago it didn't heat up properly even though it seemed to be working correctly when I fired it up... I've been really busy and just was able to try and see what was wrong today

The problem starts when I press then start button and set temperature, it should have the 3 lines from bottom left to top right that would indicate heat up.... Instead it reads from top left to bottom right which would indicate a cool down mode.... It heats up some and does have smoke coming out but keeps blinking whatever temperature I set and the cool down lines..... Cool down mode takes an extremely long time.......

I have no clue what to do as it seems like a software issue but any help would be greatly appreciated......

November 20th, 2016, 8:29 pm
Site AdminSite Admin

The thermocouple needs to be replaced. Send an email with the following information to customerservice@yodersmokers.com:

Name and shipping address
Contact phone number
Serial number and build date from the door plate
Firmware version (this is displayed for 2 seconds after flipping the power switch to the ON position)

Include the explanation you provided above.

Yoder_Herb
November 20th, 2016, 11:40 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Thanks! Email has been sent!

Return to Manuals, Troubleshooting, Best Practices, FAQs, Cooker Registration