Click the links below to go directly to available resources:
**Frequently Asked Questions**
**Register Your Yoder Cooker**
**Find a Dealer**
**The Yoder Smokers Blog**
May 6th, 2016, 3:16 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

I had read or heard somewhere that you can put foil down to help collect some of the drippings and keep the grill a little cleaner. What's the consensus on this? Or are there other ideas?

Thanks

"The end of a good smoke is a little saddening. In some regard, it's a bit like losing a best friend who had time to sit and listen." – Zen Warrior
May 6th, 2016, 3:43 pm
Site AdminSite Admin

If you are talking about direct grilling, you should be using the optional Grill Grates. This will minimize the amount of "drippings" that make it to the bottom of the cooker. For the grease that does get to the bottom, a medium sized putty knife will make short work of the clean up. Inside the cooker I use plastic putty knives, and a metal putty knife on the diffuser.

Yoder_Herb
May 16th, 2016, 11:45 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

After my first cook, well the burn in, I realized that the clean up wasn't that bad and a putty knife worked great.

"The end of a good smoke is a little saddening. In some regard, it's a bit like losing a best friend who had time to sit and listen." – Zen Warrior
May 18th, 2016, 7:32 pm
* Kingman ** Kingman *

I use foil on my diffuser, but it still gets some grease on it--just easier to clean IMO. Shop vac for the ash and dust on the inside and plastic putty knife for the gunk--whatever is left.

I use a galvanized pail I found at Home Depot for a grease collector for my 640. I got some high temp silicone and put a bead all the way around the bottom seam of the can. Works great; never had a leak and holds significantly more than the factory pail. Empty it when it's full. Start over... If I was a little more OCD, I suppose I'd empty it every time. Smoking isn't about OCD for me... :)

August 18th, 2016, 3:19 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Has anyone used grill mats (frog mats) to keep the grill grates clean and minimize grease dripping on to the diffuser plate? Seems like there's a bit of controversy regarding aluminum foil and its potential to compromise heat management or have I got that wrong? Thanks.

Return to Manuals, Troubleshooting, Best Practices, FAQs, Cooker Registration