Here is where you can post up your pictures showing what you cooked, how you cooked it and what you cooked it on.

Click the links below to go directly to available resources:
**The Sauce Blog**
November 16th, 2015, 9:26 am
* Cheyenne ** Cheyenne *

My third cook on the new YS640. Cooked 4 slabs of ribs. Second cook were steaks that turned out awesome! It appears it is going to take some time to learn to cook poultry.

Technique I followed:

1. Placed all four slabs on top rack for a 2 hour cook at 275 degrees. Used Amazen Tube Smoker for the first hour
    2. Wrapped all four slabs up in double foil for an hour and a half at 275 degrees
    3. Took ribs off cooked on lower rack for 30 minutes, basted with sauce.

To me they came out fine but I had the following observations so would like some suggestions. I pushed the damper in 5"-6", however the slab on the right near the stack was cooked far more than the one on the left. Being my first pellet grill and coming from a Weber charcoal grill I had to fight the tendency to open and move the meat around. ONly time I opened pit was to remove tube smoker. Top picture are ribs from the right. What's going on here?

If I wanted a more cooked drier rib; do extend the first 2 hours or extend the cook on the end. The online recipe on atbbq didn't even call for placing the ribs back on. The total 4 hour cook at 275 degrees the meat was done. Do I extend time or shift the time in foil?

Return to Look at what I cooked