Here is where you can post up your pictures showing what you cooked, how you cooked it and what you cooked it on.

Click the links below to go directly to available resources:
**The Sauce Blog**
July 4th, 2015, 5:26 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

In Celebration of our Nation's Independence we are smoking a mess of Baby Backs on our YS-640. We have six fresh racks of ribs dry brined with salt, oiled and dusted heavily with our special rub. YS-640 started at 350 no foil on the diffuser running 50/50 mix of Pecan and Cherry pellets. Upon closing the lid the temp is set at 250 and we are T minus 3.5 hours to digging' in...We won't be looking' cause looking' aint cooking' Having studied the info herein and speaking directly with Yoder Herb here and in person I feel confident we will be dining in style poolside in a few hours! I will have more pictures in a few hours!

Time for a cocktail!
God Bless America

Attachments
20150704_141518.jpg
July 4th, 2015, 10:16 pm
Site AdminSite Admin

I can smell those ribs from here.

Yoder_Herb
July 5th, 2015, 2:56 pm
* Wichita ** Wichita *
July 5th, 2015, 4:31 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Here is a picture of the finished product and I must say they were a great hit with our guests. I served them dry, meaning I did not sauce them as we had four individual sauces to choose from on our table. I think next time I will sauce them near the end and see how that goes.

My biggest take away from this cook was just let the Yoder chug along... don't peek just relax

Thanks to this community we had our best cook on ribs to date!

Steve

Attachments
20150704_183542-2-2.jpg
20150704_183542-2-2.jpg (14.25 KiB) Viewed 13101 times
December 13th, 2023, 7:17 am
* Abilene ** Abilene *

bluezhawg wrote:In Celebration of our Nation's Independence we are smoking a mess of Baby Backs on our YS-640. We have six fresh racks of ribs dry brined with salt, oiled and dusted heavily with our special rub. YS-640 started at 350 no foil on the diffuser running 50/50 mix of Pecan and Cherry pellets. Upon closing the lid the temp is set at 250 and we are T minus 3.5 hours to digging' in...We won't be looking' cause looking' aint cooking' Having studied the info herein and speaking directly with Yoder Herb here and in person I feel confident we will be dining in style poolside in a few hours! I will have more pictures in a few hours!

Time for a cocktail!
God Bless America

What a magnificent way to celebrate Independence Day! I can't stop tasting the baby back ribs you painstakingly prepared on the YS-640 with the ideal combination of pecan and cherry pellets. A genuine love for cooking is evident in the meticulous attention to detail, from the dry brining to the unique rub. With your trust and Yoder Herb's leadership, a feast in style is guaranteed. The maxim "looking" ain't cooking heightens the suspense. Awaiting those photos of you dining by the pool! I hope you enjoy a delicious and happy Fourth of July holiday spent with your loved ones.Magic 8 Ball

Return to Look at what I cooked