Here is where you can post up your pictures showing what you cooked, how you cooked it and what you cooked it on.

Click the links below to go directly to available resources:
**The Sauce Blog**
January 11th, 2015, 5:42 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

January 11th, 2015.
First Smoke on the Yoder Cheyenne Stick Smoker.
Success!!!!

I started up the smoker today at 11:30 am with a nice pile of lump charcoal in my starter, then dumped it into the firebox and the fun began! About 3/4 of an hour later I added my 3 sticks of oak to the charcoal pile (about 3" square and almost the full length of the firebox. By 12:40 I had a spat cocked chicken (about 5.5 lbs.) & a nice rib loin roast of pork (4.75 lbs give or take). Added 4 nice big chunks of apple wood to the pile and the smell about 10 minutes later was amazing!
At 3:45pm the cooked pork was removed and placed into a casserole dish and tented with tin foil to let it rest in the house on the counter. I was surprised the chicken wasn't ready yet, so I left it on for a while longer. By 4:50 pm it was done and placed in roast pan with foil over it and let stand on the counter in the house.

First impression of the smoker - AWESOME! Even the wife was out having a beer with me watching it smoke away. I hope the neighbors smelled it all afternoon and drooled! :mrgreen: We love the rustic look the unit has and the fact we have to build the fire and keep it going throughout the cook, it something to do and enjoyable. Look forward to using this in the summer on the back deck with a nice cold one. Rough life! 8-)

Meet turned out great I think. Looks good, tasted even better! Could really taste the apple in the chicken. Not so much in the pork, but still very good taste. Cooked them both the entire time at between 200 & 225 degrees other than the couple times the lid was opened and the temp dropped down for a few minutes. Outside temp today without the wind chill, -12 degree C. Throw in the wind at times, pushing close to -20 below zero. It was really nice this morning with the snow coming down before the wind picked up. Smoke'n in Canadian winter, guess you gotta love it?

Attachments
DSCN5031.JPG
DSCN5030.JPG
DSCN5021.JPG
Yoder Cheyenne
Is there really anything better than BBQ?
January 11th, 2015, 5:55 pm
Site AdminSite Admin

Very awesome!

Yoder_Herb
January 11th, 2015, 6:33 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Thanks Herb, I had a blast today!

Yoder Cheyenne
Is there really anything better than BBQ?
January 11th, 2015, 7:32 pm
* Kingman ** Kingman *

right on man,,,
enjoy!!!

~Yoder Fi~

~All that is gold does not glitter ~ Not all those that wander are lost~
~20" Yoder "Swiss Army Knife" Stick Burner~
January 12th, 2015, 10:50 am
* Durnago ** Durnago *

Glad you are enjoying your pit. It will be even more enjoyable when the weather is nicer.

January 17th, 2015, 9:21 am
* Abilene ** Abilene *

That looks like a great cook! You should be awarded a medal to be out in the snow and smoking great food like that.

January 17th, 2015, 8:18 pm
* Wichita ** Wichita *

Return to Look at what I cooked