Here is where you can post up your pictures showing what you cooked, how you cooked it and what you cooked it on.

Click the links below to go directly to available resources:
**The Sauce Blog**
October 16th, 2014, 7:33 pm
* Wichita ** Wichita *

With a long break between home game tailgate cooks and several days of weather on its way, I wanted to do one cook for the week. So I pulled a small rib roast and some spares out, determined on a KISS cook with S&P only.

The rib roast was treated generously with kosher salt and a course ground pepper. The spares were trimmed down to a St. Luis cut and rubbed with S&P only too. I saved the collar section of the tips and did a quick brine to make a sort of faux ham hock. Roasted the remaining trimming with vegetables for making a stock for gravy (and a snack or two ;))

Everything was put on for a 5 hour cook with oak and apple in the Durango 24. I kept the ribs and rib roast around 270, and the faux ham hocks in the vertical chamber at around 170.

multi cook 1.jpg

The rib roast was first up. Cooked to a rare/mid rare.
Multi cook 3 prime rib 2.jpg

After a long rest, I sliced it up as thin as I could get it for open face roast beef sandwiches with garlic mashed potatoes and brown gravy. Used the leftovers for a roast beef sandwich with spicy pickles and something tall and cold for lunch.
multi cook 4 roast beef.jpg

The KISS S&P Ribs came off the cook ready to eat, but I had other plans. The S&P, oak and apple really showed off the pork flavor. A great foundation to build on later. The ribs were cooled, wrapped and put a way.
Multi cook 2 S&P ribs.jpg

For a midweek meal I sliced the cold ribs and pan glazed them in a gochujank-soy-sugar-sesame oil sauce. Served with sticky rice and kimchee. The leftovers were fought for…
Multi cook 2a S&P ribs.jpg

The rib tip and collar faux ham hocks came off the cook and were stored away to let the smoke mellow and flavors meld.

So fall finally hits with several days of rain, chilly nights and some color on the trees. Not quite the full PNW treatment, but enough to put you in the mood for some split pea soup. Pork goes into the pot with water, carrots, celery, onion and a package of dried split peas.

As things start to come together, I picked the meat from the now gelatinous tips and collar bones and added it back to the soup along with some cubed potatoes. Served with crusty bread and long conversation with Mrs. TcircleT to convince her this soup really did come out of my BBQ.
Multi cook 6 pho ham hock 2.jpg

Thank you for looking.

Durango 24
October 16th, 2014, 7:42 pm
Site AdminSite Admin

Looks awesome! Great job!

Yoder_Herb
October 16th, 2014, 7:46 pm
* Kingman ** Kingman *

looks outstanding!!!
those are some very nice plates man!!!
gotta tell you,,,
I sure love seein another Durango24 owner posting their experiences with them...

~All that is gold does not glitter ~ Not all those that wander are lost~
~20" Yoder "Swiss Army Knife" Stick Burner~
October 16th, 2014, 7:50 pm
* Durnago ** Durnago *

Kiss S&P cooks are a straight path to my heart. Fantastic work.

January 3rd, 2015, 5:26 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *
January 3rd, 2015, 6:51 pm
Site AdminSite Admin

Great looking grub!

Yoder_Herb

Return to Look at what I cooked