Here is where you can post up your pictures showing what you cooked, how you cooked it and what you cooked it on.

Click the links below to go directly to available resources:
**The Sauce Blog**
September 17th, 2014, 8:46 am
* Kingman ** Kingman *

I'm calling this "pastrami-style" because I'm using a modified pastrami rub, but I did not brine it like you would a true pastrami. I'm going to do a real pastrami soon, but I had a full packer I wanted to use right away and I didn't want to wait 3-4 days for it to soak in the brine solution and rest, so this one is on now and I'll be doing another soon!

For the rub, I used equal parts of multi-colored peppercorns and coriander seeds [both toasted]. Here they are toasted, but not yet ground.

Here they are ground.

Trimmed brisket with a little yellow mustard for a binder. [The packing house did a horrible job trimming this brisket...the gouges where there is no fat was the packing house--not me!]

Rubbed with pastrami spices. I added a bit of kosher salt, turbinado sugar and chipotle powder to the 50/50 mix of pepper and coriander.

Bottom side

On YS640 at 220

You can see that my smoker is desparately in need of some cleaning! Fortunately, it's from heavy usage--not from abandonment... :) First things first... :)

I expect it to leave it in the YS640 for 6-8 hours. Will then likely move to oven to finish to save on pellets... Will post finished brisket pics later! Using a combo of hickory, cherry and apple. Can't find any pecan locally right now...

September 17th, 2014, 9:15 am
Site AdminSite Admin

Looks awesome!

Yoder_Herb

Return to Look at what I cooked