Here is where you can post up your pictures showing what you cooked, how you cooked it and what you cooked it on.

Click the links below to go directly to available resources:
**The Sauce Blog**
April 1st, 2016, 12:35 pm
* Wichita ** Wichita *

Wanted to cure my own ham for Easter. Had some pork but available, an online wet cure recipe and my fingers crossed. I was not going to be popular if Easter ham was a bust. Cured the boneless pork butt for 7 days in a Morton's Tender Quick and brown sugar wet brine. Turned out great, but next time I want to try a whole bone in true ham and curing salt #1 to compare results.

Cured two boneless butts for 7 days and desalinated a corned beef brisket point for pastrami.

1 - three meat.jpg

Smoked the hams for 10+ hours to an internal temp of 155. The instructions said to hang the ham for best results. I didn't have room to hang them vertically so I had to hang them horizontally. Don't think the end results qualifies as diet food though.
2 - light meat.jpg

Let the ham rest and mellow out for a day. Reheated in the oven and treated with an orange/brown sugar glaze.
3 - ham.jpg

4 - sliced ham.jpg

And of course - Pastrami. Saved for a couple of days and sliced cold. Griddle fried for sandwiches for a quick dinner or two.
5 pastrami.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Durango 24
April 1st, 2016, 12:38 pm
Site AdminSite Admin

Looks great!

Yoder_Herb
April 1st, 2016, 1:40 pm
* Durnago ** Durnago *

Very nice.

Return to Look at what I cooked