Discuss, share information, ask questions, and show off your expertise on Yoder Pellet Cookers.

Click the links below to go directly to available resources:
**Pellet cookers** - YS480, YS640
**Competition Pellet cookers** - YS480 Comp, YS640 Comp, YS1500 Comp, Cimarron Comp
**Pellet Cooker Warranty**
March 4th, 2016, 9:55 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

What is the process of adjusting the YS640 comp cart wheel locks? I push down on them to lock, but they do not lock. I'm guessing there is some sort of adjustment.

March 4th, 2016, 11:50 pm
Site AdminSite Admin

Tighten the nut on the axle until the brake works the way you would like it to.

Yoder_Herb
March 7th, 2016, 10:02 am
* Abilene ** Abilene *

I've tried tightening the nut on the axle all the way and loosened it all the way as well. I'm still not able to get the locks to engage on the swivel casters. It's not a huge deal, but when I am storing it, it would be nice to have them work. Below are some pictures of the swivel casters. Do they look installed correctly? Anything else I can try to get the swivel caster wheels to lock?

March 7th, 2016, 11:07 pm
Site AdminSite Admin

The locks are made to squeeze against the hub to keep the wheels from turning freely. They are not a "positive" brake lock to keep the wheels from turning at all, as it is just a friction connection which can be overwhelmed with some slight force. When you step on the "ON" side of the brake, it should push against the wheel hub to keep it from turning freely.

Yoder_Herb

Return to Pellet