Discuss, share information, ask questions, and show off your expertise on Yoder Pellet Cookers.

Click the links below to go directly to available resources:
**Pellet cookers** - YS480, YS640
**Competition Pellet cookers** - YS480 Comp, YS640 Comp, YS1500 Comp, Cimarron Comp
**Pellet Cooker Warranty**
January 27th, 2016, 7:02 pm
* Wichita ** Wichita *

Take a look at this. I am a bit concerned here. This is about the 6 or 7th cook on my grill and I went to adjust the heat damper in (for direct grilling) and it would not budge. I pulled and pushed a bit and finally pulled the grates and heat management plate out and found that the slide that the diffuser rides on is completely loose. See pictures. What happened?? What do I need to do to fix? I assume its under warranty and I am in Wichita but what are my next steps?

SN# 21813
Date: 11-03-15

640 on comp cart

I was able to manipulate the plate with two hands and move it, so we are still cooking tonight!

IMG_7563.JPG

IMG_7562.JPG

IMG_7561.JPG

IMG_7560.JPG

Wichita, KS!
New to pellet grilling/smoking

YS-640 ON ORANGE COMP CART
January 27th, 2016, 9:29 pm
Site AdminSite Admin

The plate just sits behind the "L" weldment on the bottom of the cooker. It is not permanently fastened, just placed. The "L" weldment is there to stop it from moving with normal use, and to prevent it from moving toward the hopper end of the cooker.

Just pick it up, and place it behind the "L" weldment on the bottom of the cooker.

Yoder_Herb
January 27th, 2016, 9:31 pm
* Wichita ** Wichita *

That is what I did and it works okay now. I guess I figured it would be attached.

Thanks for the quick response Herb!

Wichita, KS!
New to pellet grilling/smoking

YS-640 ON ORANGE COMP CART

Return to Pellet