Discuss, share information, ask questions, and show off your expertise on Yoder Pellet Cookers.

Click the links below to go directly to available resources:
**Pellet cookers** - YS480, YS640
**Competition Pellet cookers** - YS480 Comp, YS640 Comp, YS1500 Comp, Cimarron Comp
**Pellet Cooker Warranty**
December 31st, 2015, 4:43 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Could someone tell me why the exhaust port is up top instead of grate level. I have always heard to make sure the exhaust port is grill grate level, if not than you should modify it so it is. You will loose alot of smoke and heat when it is at top. I noticed most of the high end offsets are grate level also. I have also seen ppl buy or make modifications for pellet smokers to be at grate level. I am sure it was factory tested on the Yoder also, but they instead figured it was better up top. I also noticed none of the Yoder offsets are grate level too. I am sure there is a good reason, I just would like to know why? Please delete if this is breaking any rules.
Trent

January 1st, 2016, 3:09 am
* Durnago ** Durnago *

That's something that I've heard people say as well, many times, but it's not correct. Do not modify the cooker to "lower the exhaust". You could cause a potential issue. Yoder wood and pellet pits provide a proper, optimal draft as designed and have been tested for optimal exhaust location and diameter of the opening used. Yoder's are designed very well and everything is where it is and the size it is for a specific reason and will not work properly if modified.

January 1st, 2016, 1:23 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Thanks for the quick response,

Return to Pellet